Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member alleryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    465
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,693 (0 Banked)

    Ability to Buy (in addition to Sell) at Player Vendors

    A nice feature would be if at a player stall, we can add some items that other players can sell to us. For example, you place 10,000 councils into your stall and add item "Heartshroom" at quantity 50 for 200 councils each.

    Then any player who accesses your stall can sell heartshroom for 200 ea up to the maximum number you've offered to purchase.

    It would serve as an alternative way to sell to players from the work order board, especially for new players who may not be able to amass the quantities required for the board.

    Also it would be a nice way for new players to learn which items have greater value than face value.

  2. #2
    Junior Member Lyesea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    176 (0 Banked)
    This is an awesome idea!
    Reminds me of the SWG vendors, would be neat to see an ingame advertise/herald ability gated high in favor or industry skill or maybe a new merchant skill too.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Coglin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    471 (0 Banked)
    So basically move player work orders off the board to your vendor?
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

  4. #4
    Senior Member alleryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    465
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,693 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    So basically move player work orders off the board to your vendor?
    I don't really understand how you came to this conclusion. As i said, this would be an alternative to using the work order board, not a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    It would serve as an alternative way to sell to players from the work order board, especially for new players who may not be able to amass the quantities required for the board.
    A parallel construction for the work order board could be nice too. A way to sell large quantities of items via the board. "Surplus Offers" vs "Work Orders", perhaps.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Coglin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    471 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    I don't really understand how you came to this conclusion. As i said, this would be an alternative to using the work order board, not a replacement.
    Because your descriptions of its function sounded precisely like the current player work order boards function.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Mjytresz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    241 (0 Banked)
    I think the idea is that with the store work orders, a customer only has to fill part of the order, not the whole thing. This way, they don't have to go gather, say a stack of spruce, and only sell a couple instead. Then, other customers will continue to sell their spruce until the order is filled.

    I like the idea, but I have one issue with it. You'd only see the work order if you went directly to the store itself. I think it would help it there was another option on the regular work order board for store orders, where customers can go directly to sell. This could be an additional perk of being a store owner.

  7. #7
    Senior Member alleryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    465
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,693 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Because your descriptions of its function sounded precisely like the current player work order boards function.
    Perhaps you overlooked a key difference:
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Then any player who accesses your stall can sell heartshroom for 200 ea up to the maximum number you've offered to purchase.
    which is quite different from the work order boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjytresz View Post
    I like the idea, but I have one issue with it. You'd only see the work order if you went directly to the store itself. I think it would help it there was another option on the regular work order board for store orders, where customers can go directly to sell. This could be an additional perk of being a store owner.
    I guess i was imagining the purple golems could be used to search the player vendors for offers to buy in addition to the current search function for offers to sell. I basically like the current system, since there are advantages to every method.

    The work order board has the advantage that it's relatively low cost, but the disadvantage is that it really only works in bulk (otherwise it's not so low cost due to the flat fee, which really i kind of think should be higher considering the number of work orders that get put up that have no chance of being filled because they are unreasonably priced).

    The player vendors are high cost to rent, but offer the convenience to be able to do small transactions for just what you need. The store owner is paying for that convenience in rent, the customer is paying their share of the convenience in having to put a little work in to find what they need (which is fairly reflective of real life medieval markets in my imagination).
    Last edited by alleryn; 06-04-2020 at 12:09 PM.



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •