Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ammunition Looting

Point 1

Is there any way of getting the loot system amended so that ammunition can only be looted by the person who fired/threw it? There is nothing quite as frustrating as opening up a body and seeing your precious ammunition get whisked away by a ninja looter clicking Loot All. Don't get me wrong, most players will realise that the knives/arrows are not part of the loot tables and give them back or drop them on the floor for you ... but not all.

I recently tried a throwing dagger build in Knife Fighting and went into Gazluk Keep with it in a pick-up group. The throwing knives frequently went 'missing' and despite me mentioning that I would like to recover my ammo nobody in the group claimed responsibility, even though I could see the knives disappearing from the loot before I could click on them. Over the period of the night I used up 400 knives! 400! With Superb Throwing Knives fetching 35c each (face value) that equates to 14,000 Councils down the drain. I understand that there is some wastage as there isn't 100% recovery rate, but still ...

As a result of this one event I no longer use my throwing build and stick to a single thrown ability and accept I might lose a few ammo along the way. If I knew I would be able to get my ammo back I would be more willing to experiment further.

Point 2

When a thrown ability produces the killing blow on an enemy the ammunition is never recovered. If I open up an engagement with a thrown attack and am able to follow up with something else, then the ammunition almost always appears on the body. I realise there is some form of natural wastage in the calculation and occasionally you lose the ammo but if I open up with a thrown attack and one-shot the enemy (it is lower level for example) then it is 100% lost. Any particular reason for this, or a bug?

Point 3

Fan of Blades is a thrown weapon AoE attack that uses three ammunition each time. If you use it when fighting a single enemy then all the knives appear as loot on a single body. Fair enough. If you use it as an AoE against multiple enemies then the ammunition still only appears on one body - the one you were targetting when you used the ability. I would have expected the knives to be spread about on multiple bodies. Also, when the natural wastage calculation kicks in you either lose all three daggers or none at all, never only one or two, and coupled to Point 2 above if you land the killing blow with Fan of Blades then say goodbye to all three knives.

Point 4 - slightly at a tangent

I worked on levelling Battle Chemistry up recently and noticed they don't use any ammunition at all. Why is that? They run around chucking bombs and flasks of acid and stuff and never have to replenish any flasks, bottles or chemicals. It is an expensive skill to train up, so why not reduce training costs (or make most of it free to learn) and throw the cost of BC into the ammo instead? More people might try it and those who like it have to pay to keep using it.
    Last edited by Heccie; 05-28-2020 at 02:56 AM.

Thread Footer