Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Fast Track Newbie Guide to Making Councils

Fast Track Newbie Guide to Making Councils

WARNING: This guide contains in-game spoilers. If you don't wish to be exposed to this type of information and prefer to explore Project: Gorgon at your own pace and in your own way, I recommend not reading this guide.

This guide will attempt to help new players learn how to make councils in Project: Gorgon. In this guide, there are no cheats, shortcuts, or other easy money methods--those tend to get removed from the game quite quickly. All of these options will require some work and a little dedication, but by doing them, it is possible to both make councils and level up skills at the same time. Let me also clarify that this guide doesn't list every way to make money. It simply lists the easiest-to-begin methods.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Hood; 01-22-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spoilers
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Hood, that looks like a fun newbie guide! One suggestion I have is maybe to mention that you will need to work on your industry in order to (cheaply) put up your own vendor stall. Since you mention the player vendor stalls at the very top under Surveying, I think they may need some explanation of how they tie into industry and work orders.

My personal downfall tends to be not so much making money as spending it... I'm a compulsive shopper of the Used tab, and tend to go from startlingly rich (in my opinion, anyway) to utterly broke in no time at all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have a similar problem. Thanks for the great suggestion, I'll edit the post to include this info in the next couple of days!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to add what is really worth the money. Dont sell poetry books or stomachs without understanding their value.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Edited to reflect these suggestions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very helpful, thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hood,

Very nice write-up on your suggestions !

Have you considered to include these :
    - Foraging / picking mushrooms
    While in the world be sure to pick up the Apples, Grapes, Wood and the Mushrooms you encounter on your travels. You will very likely find NPC vendors like Fainor and Mushroom Jack willing to buy the items.

- mention Fishing in your write-up on Cooking

- as an investment to be able to pick up more items and kill more mobs, players could save up to buy specialized gear that has many more extra inventory slots on it. The legs and chest gear items add +20 slots each and can usually be found in the player vendors stalls for about 20.000 councils. (Yes that is a lot. But consider how many more items you'd be able to hold on to while running a dungeon and sell after your run)
    There are also Belt that give +3 or +6 inventory slots.

Kind regards
    Jacky

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not recommend vendoring wood. I'm not up to date on market prices, but I suspect you are going to find players willing to pay you more than an NPC would if you aren't interested in carpentry or fletching yourself. If you do carpentry yourself, carpentry work orders are a great way of making money, and they can burn through a pile of wood very fast. (I'd rate fletching work orders as less ideal than carpentry work orders, just because the return on the carpentry orders is higher and I'm always short on wood, so I try to use my limited wood for carpentry. Of course, if you are an archer, learning fletching yourself is a great way of saving money.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These methods I've listed have a quite high return on their time investment, and though forging is one of the best ways to develop your character quickly early on, it is not a great way to make money without using the items you forage in levelling craft skills. Mushrooms and fishsold to Fainor just don't measure up to the rest I have listed. Like Tagamogi says, vendoring wood is a bad item. It's better used as a material in carpentry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hood,

great write up, i think i read something similar to this that you wrote and left in the Serb library! only thing I think you left out is to shop around. while you mentioned favor, A new person might not recognize that different NPCs can vastly vary in the amount they are willing to pay for an item.

That maybe too anal-retentive, but my 2 cents non the less. still great advice to any new player

Yak

Thread Footer