Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cow highest possible damage

I thought i'd help out a little bit. If you are ever trying to balance a class, or a new class you can easily calculate whether or not it will be overpowered or underpowered.

For example here's nature dot cow. I wouldn't say it's the tipy top at the high end, but it's up there. Unarmed can't even do 1/3 of this dps fully modded. I didn't look into unarmed fully though, because it was depressing to look at! many other classes also suffer, but it's not my job to find which selection of skills is optimal in a class :P I didn't find it hard to see what's best, it's just very tedious.

ka46xqf0 - gorgonexplorer

These 3 skills are the only viable set in this particular class to maximize damage, while keeping the 2 support skills and combat refresh(using a combat refresh from another class is fine instead, but there isn't much gain in replacing it with a damaging combat skill, at least for cow) and not going over the 4 mod limit for class mods. This does not include special equipment bonuses such as +10% cow damage.

80% indirect nature dmg
    80% base cow

----bash: 332 crushing: 15sec cd/ signature debuff
    Signature Debuffs deal +80 damage and restore 96 Armor to you after a 10-second delay(chest)
    Cow Bash Damage +65%(legs)
    Cow Bash Damage +65%(ring)
    -210% total-
    -412 dmg total
    =1,277.2

----clobbering hoof: 288 crushing: 10 sec cd/ nice attack
    Clobbering Hoof Damage +52% (head)
    Clobbering Hoof attacks have a 50% chance to deal +102% damage(51%)(head)
    Nice Attacks deal +40 damage and cause the target's next Rage Attack to deal -25% damage (debuff cannot stack with itself)(head)
    Clobbering Hoof Damage +52%(chest)
    Clobbering Hoof deals +45% damage and taunts +400(feet)
    Nice Attacks deal +64 damage and hasten your current Combat Refresh delay by 1 second(off hand)
    -280% total-
    -392 dmg total-
    =1,489.6

----deadly emission: 309 nature: 15 sec cd//-2
    Deadly Emission Damage +80 and Reuse Timer -1 second(chest)
    Deadly Emission Damage +38%(legs)
    Deadly Emission Damage +80 and Reuse Timer -1 second(feet)
    Deadly Emission Damage +38%(ring)
    20% racial ring
    -176‬% total-
    -469 dmg-
    =1,294.44‬

620 nature over 10
    440 nature over 10
    560 nature over 10
    = 1,620
    = 2,916 over 10 seconds altogether
    =if druid too +80%(4,212‬)
    Last edited by overtyped; 05-12-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cow can into space!

I'm actually tempted to play a bit as cow now, just for fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you include spring fairy gear / am I missing it? Someone awhile back, maybe it was aws, built a cow/druid that actually beat my fire/bc (pre fire nerf). The extremely high DOT helps it overcome the AOE nerf from back in the day (less damage after 3 mobs or whatever it is).
    Last edited by Ranperre; 05-18-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there unarmed attacks cow cannot use? what makes unarmed so poor for cows?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unarmed is poor in general for damage, it's great for support mods though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst Unarmed is not a top tier damage skill, it is very viable if the necessary mods are used.

In Fey Realm (using level 80 max-crafted gear), I can solo 3 bears comfortably at once with a UA /Psych Kick build - have soloed 2 bears, 2 cats and a bee at same time.

Haven't used Cow /UA there (or since level 80 cap became available), but I would expect similar performance to the above.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although I see how you mathed things out, you need to be careful because not every damage multiplier stacks as one large damage multiplier. Base damage for example, is much less effective due to only multiplying the base damage of the skill, so flat damage bonuses don't get multiplied with it.

If I could ask, how did you come to the conclusion that Unarmed's DPS is that low? What kind of numbers did you get for it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually none of the damage multipliers stack as one giant number, but it's annoying to get the correct number, so i am only mathing the general amount.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overtyped View Post
    Unarmed is poor in general for damage, it's great for support mods though.
    It is ? Damn, i hadn't noticed I'm in the Fae realms in level 70 gear and can handle 2-3 mobs at a time without a lot of problem. Mitigation from UA lets me last longer and I do enough damage to take the mobs down very quickly. I tend to use Punch/Kneekick/barrage/Slashing strike/headbutt and the epic. Flaming AOE stun from barrage is awesome, especially against trolls. I pair it up with psychology.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's only poor compared to some of the current really really strong skills. Of course i'm not gonna share which, because i dont wanna see nerfs haha.

PS: Just because it's poor doesn't mean it's not useable and can't kill mobs.

Thread Footer