Hoi! I submitted this as an in-game suggestion but I figured some player feedback would be useful. I expounded a bit and changed a few things from the in-game submission, but it is essentially the same idea...

| TLDR |

Market traders could store extra sums of product if the player has accomplished certain tasks or feats befitting a particular crafting skill, such as Leatherworking, Mycology, or Cooking (ex: perform recipe X times, get Y additional storage for that category, such as skins/rolls, foods, or mushrooms, respectively).

| Shop Storage Sometimes Inadequately Small |

Oftentimes, I find that on my market trader I have many more stacks of things to sell than there are slots to list them. For items that stack to 99 or less, such as mushrooms, this can be problematic when trying to restock the shop with a large quantity because you can only put 4059 items on a trader. That sounds like a lot unless you look at players that sell in bulk (or for items, like Phlogiston, where there is usually no point in listing, say, 10 Nice Phlog because Transmutation uses lots of it). In the case of Phlog, you can put about 100x more Phlog in a trader slot than mushrooms, bringing the total possible Phlog you can list to 41,000 and avoiding the problem altogether.

But for other items, particularly those with both low stack size and large sale quantity (such as mushrooms), players are forced to either restock in upwards of multiple times per day or settle for missing out on sales because, in some cases, 95% of your product is collecting dust in storage rather than up for sale on your trader. I understand that simply increasing many items' stack size to that of Phlog would make this whole idea pointless, but I'm operating on the assumption that developers do not have that "fix" in mind. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And so...

| Players Earn The Solution |

I suggest that players be able to use their crafting abilities in furthering their hired trader's capacity to store products associated with each ability. Players would be able to perform certain difficult tasks or have accomplished certain feats in exchange for extra storage space on their trader for a specific category of items associated with a crafting skill.

As an example: players might be tasked with "pick 100 mushrooms within 60 minutes" in exchange for one permanent, additional slot on their trader which can be used to sell only Mycology-associated items, such as mushrooms and flakes. The next slot might be "have performed the recipe Field Mushroom Flakes at least 1000 times", or perhaps "give 500 Porcinis" to a specific NPC as a sort of investment.

There is almost no limit to the types of things players might be required to do, maybe even "break 50 Blacksmithing hammers within 10 minutes" (FINALLY, an upside to the hammer problem!). I think these accomplishments should be made as diverse and interesting as possible, forcing players to do things they would not normally expect to do. There should be some tasks and feats for newer and low-level players, but I'm guessing since they don't usually have shops it would be more logical to aim this proposal at intermediate- and high-level players instead, making the majority of the tasks something with which no dabbler would bother due to cost or lack of skill. Restricting additional storage to item categories and capping the amount players can add to their shop would ensure that storage remains valuable in the game despite the hypothetical increases in shop size.

This might be a fun way for players to increase their trader capacity. I have been vexed by the storage limitation after selling mushrooms on a trader for months (has it been a year already?!) and cooked up this idea as a possible solution. Please comment and let me know what you think of the ideas within the proposal, or if you have anything radical you would like to contribute to the discussion.

Thanks for reading!

-SJ