Hey, everyone! Been playing for two/three weeks, and have had a blast. Project Gorgon has a distinct Might and Magic 6 vibe, which for me is very good!

The website advertised an immersive experience, and by far, the most immersive aspect of the game for me has been the depth and interconnected-ness of the skills. I feel very small compared to how many of them there are, and what it will take to learn them.

Here's some more detailed feedback:

Upsides

- Very little to no RNG in combat. This is huge for me!
- Timed potion/food bonuses don't run out while I'm offline (I wouldn't have appreciated this, except I played Wurm Online, where they do).
- The in-game humor (I love seeing the undead say "Not again!" when I kill them!)
- Very flexible control configurations: I found them clunky at first, but was able to get a configuration that works well for me.
- EXP bonuses for doing something for the first time: I really like this! (Again, see Wurm Online's grinding system for a contrast!)
- Curses for dying to a boss: very cool.

Downsides

- Consistently high lag in places with many avatars (generally Serbule town/market)
- Inventory management hell. I just want to keep everything I can pick up.
- Nearly every skill is NPC-gated, which means many fetch quests.
- Dungeon mob respawn is such that I find I can't solo a dungeon where I can handily kill one or two mobs at a time, but no more. I've backed off to doing dungeons where I overmatch crowds, which is fun, but not the same feel as being in a dangerous place, wondering what lurks around the next corner. Having a nasty mob respawn on top of you while you're dealing with the next one is no fun, and pretty much kills that kind of exploration.
- This is more of a wish, but recipes are static: there's no exploration of ingredient combination. (Think Might and Magic 6's potion system, or even Morrowind's ridiculously unrestricted system!)

Perhaps the biggest downside, however, is the combination of RNG-gated loot (crafted or otherwise) and severe shortage of storage. I just quit playing a game that had the same problem (Wolcen), and what that does is strangle my desire to try out multiple builds, because I only have space/time to support one build.

If endgame is nothing more than getting better gear to defeat a bigger monster, and the ability to experiment with different builds is gated behind layers of RNG, knowing myself, I probably won't stick around to try very many combinations.

But, based on how deep the skill tree is and how much fun I'm having, I think I still have a ways to go, and whatever else may happen in my approach to endgame, I've definitely gotten my money's worth.