Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: A thank you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thank you

Thank you Citan, for everything you and your team do.

Looking at Citan's update: Enthusiasm for the first time.. It really made me appreciate all they do for this game and how much our reactions impact them.

We sometimes forget that this is a team that puts their all into this game and it would really help them out if they knew what we appreciate about it.

Share a reason why you play this game in the first place? What do you love about it?

One of my favorite recent things that happened in the game was making a small event in Sie Antry's garden. A guildmate who despises gardening lost a bet to Towers and thus had to garden 1,000 cotton. We all got together, made booze, a raffle box, displays, invited people from global, and had Jack surprise us with a poetry podium to read out books to everyone! It was a fantastic time, seeing a drunk Pazzuzra garden away, hating every second of it as we all made jokes while dancing/playing instruments and adding some small PvP action to end the night.

As for something I love about the game, the fact that there are dailies makes me happy. It’s a fantastic way to meet players outside my normal group since I run with random people every day to get them through the dungeon. I also have been loving the Fae Realm and the difficulty of certain mobs there, the challenge is exciting!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Also, that blogpost is an oldie but a goodie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything you get in this game is hard-earned. Everything. Storage space, food, gear, your own run speed, and all the levels in the all many skills. And once you earn it, you can actually continually reap the benefits from it! Forever! I love finding situations where something I leveled a long time ago randomly comes in handy -- and it seems to happen a lot. It makes the difficulty worth it.

I mean geez, at first you can't even walk through Kur without freezing to death. You have to prepare with consumables, and even then it's hard. So when you put in the effort to figure out how the hell you're going to manage to get around in that zone effectively, and eventually, eventually, you can: it's an amazing feeling. And now I can get around in Kur easily, forever. And every time I spend half an hour farming out in the cold in that zone, and it's no problem, I feel like a badass.

Growing up to be able to handle Kur easily wouldn't matter in an MMO where you quickly graduate out of a zone. Nine major zones would not nearly be enough in most MMOs, but PG has found a way to milk those zones for all they've got. I still have many reasons to farm things or visit places in every zone in this game, even ones I've already spent hundreds of hours in.

On paper this game should feel smaller than it does. But every zone, every item that drops, every NPC ... you get so much out of it. And the skill system is just right. This isn't the first game to do a dual-classing system but it's one of the very few that actually gets it right. There's not just a handful of "best" combos. There's not just the obvious pairing for every class. The space of useful and interesting builds in this game is huge.

Dang, was I only supposed to do one?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love build diversity in this game. So when newbie asks 'what is best build', I can, with full honestly, answer 'there is no best one'. That even if I meet another player that somehow uses the same skills as me, there is good chance we still have different builds, both of which are effective. Hell, at one point I had 3 different sets of wolf/unrmed gear, for 3 different builds.

I like that progression is slow, and rewarding. I like that almost every action you take conuts towards said progression, makes your character slightly stornger/better.

I like that there is no rush to endgame but maybe its because there is no real endgame)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a break from the game for almost a year to deal with RL stuff, coming back a couple of months ago. When I left I was level capped at 70 on three skills with mediocre lvl 60 gear, most support skills locked at 50 and I had no cash to progress. At the time I felt like I was up against a brick wall for progression. I came back to the game, found that the , raised level cap and still lots of stuff going on! I have been playing most days (lockdown) and although I am not making a lot of progress towards level cap I am making leaps and bounds with bolstering my economy. I have played a lot of MMORPG over the years and can't think of a single one where I can log in every day and work at lower level content without the NEED to grind out max level adventuring. Then throw in the daily groups, weekend events, pop-up events (thanks Space, et al) and you have a winning combo.

As to the class system, it's a masterclass!! I though Rift had one of the best class systems I had come across but this knocks it into a cocked hat! Almost every day I think to myself "I wonder how it would work if I tried X with Y".

I have finally opened up one of my skills 70-80 but always seem to find something else to spend my money on!! So, my priority is to make my shiny Lvl 70 gear as good as I can get for now because it is going to be a while before I can wear that 80/80 gear!! And I don't care!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for having a bat :P Oh secondly thanks for all the fun skills and for your great mind Bat first though
    Most importantly Thank you for being great developers who listen and keep in touch with your players !!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lot to thank Citan and his team for. Namely AC 1.....changed my life AC 2 even more so. I'll always miss it and wish there was a sustainable business model back then to have finished AC 2's development. Anyway, hoorah for Project Gorgon. It's my AC 3

Regards,

Fantasm

Thread Footer