Hey I wanted to pop in and give my two cents on this event since the randomness was added. Conceptually I like the idea of a little randomness, it means I'm not just going to wait until someone posts the good ones in event talk in discord, rush those and call it a day. It means I have to be more engaged if I want something specific from which is lovely. However, I elected to skip this event because of what I interpreted to be the way this random mechanic was implemented: sampling with replacement.

(Aside I could be completely wrong in which the next four paragraphs are moot and I would love to be wrong - if an admin is reading this and I'm wrong please respond!)

What does that mean and why did it push me away?

In sampling with replacement, you imagine the reward pool for a given set of lemons as an assortment of buffs/debuffs/items inside a bag. In this case there are 9 items in the bag. You reach in and grab one item. Let's say this bag has the shiny new title in it somewhere, but also some shitty things like death WoP. From the first draw you have a 1/9 to get the smexy title. But instead you get death which also has a 1/9 chance. Now the difference b/t sampling with and without replacement happens here, in sampling with replacement you put the item you drew (death WoP) back in the bag. This is a key difference because that means when you go to the second lemon and draw you have a 1/9 chance of drawing the smexy title yet again and an equal 1/9 chance of getting the Death WoP again.

Now you might be thinking okay you have 1/9 odds so if there are 9 lemons you have at if not near 100% chance of getting the title right? And because I didn't get it the first 8 tries my odds should be better on this last lemon? But that's the gambler's fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy and if each item in the bag is unique then not only do I still have the same odds at the end as the odds I started with I also know I am equally likely to get the Death WoP every single time as I am to get any other specific sequence of draws.

I would prefer sampling without replacement - which means every time I pull something out of the bag it stays out of the bag. And this doesn't mean that I can only get death WoP a single time, there could be 3 in the bag! Imagine a bag with 1 title, 3 death WoP, and 4 sticky lemons, and 2 buffs. In this case lets say there are only 9 lemons of this lemon pool. The first lemon I draw I have a 1/10 chance of getting the title, but a 4/10 chance of a sticky lemon. I could still go all 9 times w/out getting the title sure, but each time I get something else my odds go up until the last draw where I'm at a 50% chance of getting the title. The point here is that I know that each lemon I get a crap outcome on increases my odds of getting a good outcome later, even if I don't get the outcome I want.

For me the concept of unchanging odds are a turn off. Also I might have made this up but I've inferred that these type of events are running about once a quarter so if I chase after something I want all weekend and don't get it I'm staring a 4 month time gate in the face - a position I'd rather not put myself in. I understand sampling w/out replacement is probably a harder system to implement and I want to make it clear that I do enjoy the direction this is going, I just would like to make the position for what I think would be an improvement. It would still give a sense of randomness to each lemon, it would still force engagement with the event and not just waiting for someone else to do the work and snatching the good rewards. And it could still be set up in a way where there's no guarantee you'll get the smexy title or the hawt black dye, but not set up in a way where your odds of getting the title are MUCH lower than your odds of not. If the event has been set up this way then I would love something in the event wording that expresses that, but from asking around about what people got as rewards I'm guessing it's setup the other, probably easier to implement method.

Another request that I think is a much smaller ask - and this one goes out to Greenberg. I think in events like this where they are infrequent and your chances are up to the RNG gods and limited titles should be title scrolls. The reason I push for this is, while I didn't want the lemony fresh title, I know that odd sentient pile of lemons in a deer costume did and I believe didn't get it. If it were a scroll, there's a back up - someone who doesn't want it turns it into a super expensive item that veterans that do want can buy. Or it goes in a RT raffle. Or a kind soul gives it to someone who wants it more.

Final thoughts, this is a cute event and I love how an in game meme turned into a regular event and I appreciate the work that goes into it and I do think adding randomness is a nice touch keep it up and thank you!