Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UI Config analysis

Fairly new player here. I recently found myself adjusting my UI and wanting to reverse a few elements to their original positions. Looking into the GorgonConfig.txt file and how it changes, that was easily achieved, but since it's plaintext, I thought that it must be possible to make UIs in a very prefise way using the entries there (more than the ingame-UI allows).

When looking at an entry like this:
    Code:
    s	WinPosition_MapWindow	0	T-42.1394;C3.305542;666.098;785.927|F|F||-1|-1
    I wonder: Has anyone ever bothered or asked to try and understand what each setting does, and what's possible to achieve?
    If no, is anyone willing to spend time doing that? Many of the values in that line can have different values for different elements, so they should in theory do something. We may reach past the configurability of the UI here - I find that exciting.

Curious to what you can tell me about it, and if there's anyone interested in this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlrrex View Post
    Fairly new player here. I recently found myself adjusting my UI and wanting to reverse a few elements to their original positions. Looking into the GorgonConfig.txt file and how it changes, that was easily achieved, but since it's plaintext, I thought that it must be possible to make UIs in a very prefise way using the entries there (more than the ingame-UI allows).

When looking at an entry like this:
    Code:
    s	WinPosition_MapWindow	0	T-42.1394;C3.305542;666.098;785.927|F|F||-1|-1
    I wonder: Has anyone ever bothered or asked to try and understand what each setting does, and what's possible to achieve?
    If no, is anyone willing to spend time doing that? Many of the values in that line can have different values for different elements, so they should in theory do something. We may reach past the configurability of the UI here - I find that exciting.

Curious to what you can tell me about it, and if there's anyone interested in this.
    I'd kill for some UI mods. However, most of my UI issues have to do with what the UI is currently capable of and not necessarily modding how it looks... so i guess im stuck. To answer your question, I dont know what any of those numbers mean.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread has me a little worried. Maybe you should double check the Terms of Services.

You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

· Modify or cause to be modified any files that are part of the GAME CLIENT in any way not expressly authorized by ELDER GAME;
    There are special setting commands under the Setting dialog, that give you more options to change elements to the UI. If there isn't a command for what you would like to do, maybe a in-game suggestion report that explains what command you would like to see and why it would be a benefit is in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I intend to not change anything except the GorgonConfig.txt, which I believe does not fall under that clause since the user already "causes it to be altered" (if it does, I will of course cease immediately).

What I want to achieve are mostly layouting issues like centering a UI element, or spacing them off the center by the same amount left and right. When you have a UI that allows you to numerically specificy a position, this is easily possible, but with quite weird snapping (I have no idea what snaps to what, and player- and target-UI snap to different heights) it's almost impossible to get the UI to be nice and balanced/aligned.

Some other things would fall under the suggestion-case, for that I'll write something up these days, that was a good tip!
    Last edited by Owlrrex; 03-22-2020 at 05:46 AM.

Thread Footer