Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it intended that non fairy can learn : fae racial magic from a hangout?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post
    Is it intended that non fairy can learn : fae racial magic from a hangout?
    No clearly this is a bug:

Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Fae Racial Skill
    Lastly, there is a new racial skill for fairies, representing things that only fairies can do.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yep, it's a bug that non-fae can get access to the Fae racial skill. Even though they can only access the first few levels of the skill, it's still too much, and we'll be wiping it completely for non-fae -- all levels and associated recipes and rewards will be revoked in the next update.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to make sure it was a bug. I assumed so but you cannot always live on what you think you know.

I doubt you have any plans to make fairy anchors permanent - could they be a repeatable 4 hour quest? Could we maybe have a 'pity' one that one of the npcs gives you if you do not have one in inventory/storage (maybe on a 24 hr cooldown)?

I think I have died twice on my fairy accidentally. I am not asking for these changes for me btw but someone who could not prepare like I did for their arrival. I ask for these changes in part so that fairy anchors do not get sold in the marketplace.

I know you did not want newer/low level players to make a fairy and 'get ahead' but that is exactly what happened in some cases. I would hate for someone to stop playing the game because they were having a hard time as a fairy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Physics Feedback:
    In Rahu, the troopers on Pasks Hill appropriately heal themselves when they can’t hit me. But I thought their chase distance seems a bit extreme now. When not trying to break stuff, I got into a fight with some Evil Shopkeepers and pulled too many, flew away to a mountain, regenerated out of combat, phlogged, took my time and then returned—ooooh my god! I had 6 rakkies waiting for me! This was a PITA. I guess it’s a player knowledge thing, which the chase-distance-to-forget and the more usable Y axis where the monster must travel so-many-meters distance before they forget about the player make for some tricky situations. But I wouldn’t mind if “monster can’t reach target for X seconds, and does not move --> monster gives up”. My solution might make tanks locking monsters behind walls with pathing in GK more common though.

In Kur, by where Fluffy spawns, an Urak was stuck in a rock and after killing it in a 2 urak vs me extravaganza, I received the Derva intervened message (where Derva saved the monster, healing it to full). I think it’s such a rare occurrence that it got stuck in a rock, that it’s fine. But neat to see the message!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found mobs in GK agroing me from behind a wall. In the past, you could walk up to a door from one side then look around the corner into the hallway - now they agro based on radius, walls be damned. I'd imagine this makes the zone WAY WAY harder for newbie groups because it's nigh impossible to avoid 2-3 mobs at once in some places. Is this intentional?
    Last edited by Ranperre; 03-25-2020 at 01:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The same is true in Goblin dungeon. I'll report it in game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    Physics Feedback:
    In Rahu,

I guess it’s a player knowledge thing, which the chase-distance-to-forget and the more usable Y axis where the monster must travel so-many-meters distance before they forget about the player make for some tricky situations. But I wouldn’t mind if “monster can’t reach target for X seconds, and does not move --> monster gives up”. My solution might make tanks locking monsters behind walls with pathing in GK more common though.
    Could we maybe adjust the mob chase routine a bit for Z plane distancing? I can fly up on top of houses in Rahu and the mobs really want to get you for longer than seems necessary when they have no line of sight and/or no way to possibly get you. It is kind of exploity that you can unload some nukes with a long refresh timer then fly up to safety and engage the mobs again when your timers have (mostly) reset.

Suggested change : make mobs give up sooner based on Z plane cannot reach you status.

Speaking of rahu and mob avoidance... is it intentional that flying ignores pin? Flying also seems to avoid all root effects (ranalon stone shapers). I understand flying avoiding root effects as you are not touching the ground. But if someone hits your wing it should be just as slowing as a hit to the foot in my humble opinion.

Suggested change: make fly speed be affected by pin effects (maybe some super special boss you have in the future - like a wicked giant spider will have a root effect that also affects flyers).
    Last edited by Glythe; 03-25-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have talked to numerous people and everyone I spoke with is in agreement: we are all getting more "off class" gear.

In other words I am getting a great deal more gear for the classes not equipped. If this is an intended change I hate it (as does everyone I spoke to). It is beyond frustrating to get a yellow 2 class item (instead of just 1 class item) in the FR and have it be for classes you have never played.

For three nights in a row at least one person in the FR group got half of their yellow drops as junk gear they never could/would equip. These numbers are not a small change but rather a huge one.

Can we please reverse it?

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There haven't been any changes to how loot is generated that I'm aware of. I'll review it, but I don't see anything obvious that may have creeped in. Randomness is streaky though, so it's difficult to get a picture from a handful of data points. One thing to keep in mind is that the skills are determined independently of the item's rarity, so you should keep track of the total number of inaccurate items, not just the ones that are really high rarity. If you got 50 blues and greens with correct skills and 4 yellows with wrong ones... that's just bad luck.

Anyway, I'll look further for any weirdness that may have creeped in, but there haven't been intentional changes in that system.

(Also important to know: loot-dropped augments do NOT use the same system and are MUCH more likely to be for random skills.)

Thread Footer