Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issues with strange freezes

Hello,

I've been having an issue where the game seems to freeze for 2-4 seconds whenever a rare item drops (and that sparkly thing goes up), monsters use rage attacks or someone uses a basic attack with the refresh active. (It also happens in other situations, like when I cast a skill that I rarely use but these I mentioned are the most common).

It doesn't always happens, and it seems to be totally random when it does. I used to play around 1 year ago on a very old 4gb ram PC, and it never happened there, but now that I moved to a much better gaming laptop it's happening frequently.

I've tried all I could find in the troubleshooting topic:

Reinstalled
    Validated installation on steam
    Added game to ignore on firewalls/antiviruses
    Lowered the quality way below what my old note used (and I never had this issue back then)
    Updated all drivers
    Ran as administrator / compatibility modes
    Tried the changes on the Graphical tweaks topic(https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...prove-gameplay)

The only thing that made me notice a difference is MaxActiveLoadouts. Setting it seems to significantly lower the frequency of the freezes, but they still happen.

I don't get issues anywhere else, the game runs flawlessly otherwise. I don't get those weird mini-camera-hickups when turning with mouse anymore, or any issues/lag in crowded areas, it even runs somewhat fine in poetry jams. I can get steady 60fps with "good" graphics everywhere else. Lowering the quality doesn't seem to impact how often the game freezes either.

It's making grouping super frustrating because I keep getting random screen freezes, and It's caused me to die a few times when soloing. I was really excited to come back after a year with the new laptop .

Any help would be highly appreaciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Roderick; 03-19-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you tray run game on other system?
    run one of few life Linux (run from eg. USB flash into RAM, no need to install at disk) install steam, install PG, if you have same issue then its mostly hardware malfunction, if run flawless then your driver/system

PS. newest drivers not always are best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Vish, thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried to run it on Linux, might be something to try if I can't find another solution.

Going to try running it from an SSD that a friend is lending me to test. If it doesn't work, I'll try to run it on Linux.

Thread Footer