Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Sound request
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound request

Hello,

Can we change the sound of the bow for the archer combat skill? Something that sounds more like a bow. Please

Maybe consider it? thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    Hello,

Can we change the sound of the bow for the archer combat skill? Something that sounds more like a bow. Please

Maybe consider it? thank you!
    I am curious, which bow do you personally feel it should sound like? recurve bow? Longbow? Short bow? Compound bow? I assure you, they sound very very different. I often hunt with a recurve bow. I do not feel it sounds too far off now. I will make an effort to listen tonight for a comparison. I ask because it seems to me to sound like one of those now in my experience.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    I am curious, which bow do you personally feel it should sound like? recurve bow? Longbow? Short bow? Compound bow? I assure you, they sound very very different. I often hunt with a recurve bow. I do not feel it sounds too far off now. I will make an effort to listen tonight for a comparison. I ask because it seems to me to sound like one of those now in my experience.
    Hmm well, i may be mistaken , i thought the bow sound changed on the ability being used and not necessarily by the bow that is equipped. I could be wrong. I'll have to go and pay closer attention.

The bow just always sounds so puny to be, like its a toy gun... doesn't have that satisfying whip when the arrow is released. When the string is drawn taut it also doesn't have that satisfying sound..

But now that you've mentioned the above im going to go back and try different bows and see if it changes the sound. I hadn't notice that but you might be right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm well, i may be mistaken , i thought the bow sound changed on the ability being used and not necessarily by the bow that is equipped. I could be wrong. I'll have to go and pay closer attention.

The bow just always sounds so puny to be, like its a toy gun... doesn't have that satisfying whip when the arrow is released. When the string is drawn taut it also doesn't have that satisfying sound..

But now that you've mentioned the above im going to go back and try different bows and see if it changes the sound. I hadn't notice that but you might be right.
    I believe there is some confusion about my meaning. What I meant was, the skills right now sound exactly like my real life 6 ft recurve bow does. It sounds very similar to the sounds in-game when I use it. So when I asked how you wanted it to sound, I was asking what real-world bows sound, would you like the in-game bow to sound like?
    Last edited by Coglin; 03-19-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    I believe there is some confusion about my meaning. What I meant was, the skills right now sound exactly like my real life 6 ft recurve bow does. It sounds very similar to the sounds in-game when I use it. So when I asked how you wanted it to sound, I was asking what real-world bows sound, would you like the in-game bow to sound like?
    Well I was listening to alot of bow sounds on youtube. None of them really sound as whistlee as the ingame one. I don't mind the whistle sound but its a little too emphasized imo. Especially since it seems real life bows hardly make a whistle sound unless its a special arrow it seems. I think it could use an adjustment in game. Maybe the sounds will get another pass with the animation ( and hopefully spell effect revamp in the future * fingers crossed*)

Anyhoo, glad it sounds like your bow. You must have a special bow kind of bow to pull of a similar sound. Atleast from what I could tell on searching online real life bow sounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . Well I was listening to alot of bow sounds on youtube. None of them really sound as whistlee as the ingame one.
    Yeah, because bows do not whistle. Arrows certainly do. I am not sure how you feel my very common bows are special. You are confusing the sound an arrow makes with the sounds the bow makes. I am a little surprised to see you request changes without being familiar with these basics.

We are of Comanche heritage. Although she is only 8, my daughter often does demonstration of traditional short bows from horseback at the fall PowWow. She put it like this....
    "Bows make a 'twang' and arrows 'whistle' past", landing with a 'thud'".
    Last edited by Coglin; 03-21-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accidental repeat.

Thread Footer