Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairies And Stuff

Haven't really seen a dedicated thread for this, so I figured I'd make one. Just posting my initial thoughts and impressions of the new race.

So first, the customisation options are decent enough for this point, the wings & size immediately make them stand out and generally no complaints on that front.

Starting with the fae realm, the introductory experience was nothing short of horrible, not due to design, but due to the number of players trying to partake - I wonder, if in future, we could have "channels" when there's excessive amounts of players in a particular area. Obviously this sort of tech is tricky to pull off, but I don't think it's necessarily worthwhile implementing new spawning systems for a temporary problem.

The Sunvale stuff wasn't much better; a lot of the reagents for the favours were in low supply, and it was often times better to go to another zone entirely instead of farm them locally. There wasn't any clarity, either, on that front - I had no idea they boosted skills up to a fixed point. This isn't terribly important, but it's worth considering if a fairy goes off and levels fishing to 30, then completes the favour, they'll theoretically receive no benefit as those favours seemingly set your level to a fixed point rather than award a flat amount of experience. I can see why this was done, but it might be good to reinforce those quests as important with a separate prompt.

The fairy crafting exclusive abilities felt lackluster insofar as you'd typically have to fuel fae energy with items to get any real progress. Overall, it's well balanced, but the fact that they can melt generally means it's not all that useful. I don't really have an issue with this as it's an extra skill exclusive to fairies, not a core one available to everyone. That said, some of the raw crystal material was melting as soon as I acquired it when attempting to level the skill, maybe some sort of 20 second grace period after crafting the crystals would be helpful to prevent this happening.

I'd craft, say 5, one would melt immediately, then by the time I got the 5th back I'd lost 2 more (I don't recall the specifics), but you can see how this isn't exactly ideal circumstances.

Incidentally, I feel like bat flight speed should match raven/fairy speeds if it doesn't already, especially given they can't fly indoors anymore.

Apologies for the rumbling, that's mostly random thoughts, but for the most part - would a veteran player switch mains to play a fairy? I doubt it.

The starting area for them leaves a lot to be desired, and overall I'd have preferred for them to have been dropped on the island with the other newbies - they're not mechanically complex enough to justify the restriction, in my opinion. Likewise, there isn't enough there to make them a compelling reroll option for veterans (again, IMO).

But I understand having them available for all fresh accounts would likely cause an influx of what was meant to be an advance race, so it is what it is.

Naturally I've ideas how I would've liked to have seen a new race implemented, but I don't think they're particularly relevant to the species themselves, so I won't mention them right now.

I'm glad to have seen them make it past the finish line nevertheless, it's been a long time coming.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I started 5 days after the patch, and had no issue with overcrowded area. In general I think the initial experience is well done, and while only at 35 in Knife/Mentalism so far, I'd say it's going well.

Playing a Fairy is definitely not for newbies, though. There is a lot you need to know that is not taught. The fact you really want to not die, outside of FR, makes it interesting but it's way too early to have a final opinion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairy is so easy Flying is so OP
    when i in area when i will do stuff first think I do is Blind Mushroom Circe so when i die i go kill some easy monsters to get 10 fairy energy and go to FR Mushroom Circe to teleport back to area when i die.
    Fae energy is not issue just destroy some items to fairy dust to get some extra energy
    Switching to main mhm hard to tell, probably not, but know few players that switched so maybe.
    My opinion is that Fairy race is much stronger that other race.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a dedicated thread.... on this section of the forum even.

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...n-March-9-2020

Overall I like the fairy but I feel if you are not playing mental you really do not get anything unique.

Druid is more convenient to learn how to make your main character fly.

Fae in dungeons not playing mentalism have no special benefits (this should not be the case). Everyone can eventually tame a bee or learn ice magic. Yes it is a benefit fae get them for free but .....

Thread Footer