Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Staff crafting

Threaded View

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Staff crafting

It's something in the carpentry recipes that seems wrong but I'm not sure which part is intentional or if it's a bug.

So there are 2 types of staves that can be crafted with carpentry, combat staff and melee staff (different recipes).
    Melee staves-No matter what gems are used in crafting the melee staves are unsuitable for magic (fire and ice magic abilities cannot be used with a melee staff) and they have a staff level requirement on them. All good, it makes sense that a melee staff would require staff expertise to wield.

Combat staves-these are the magic ones, used to shoot spells mainly. More expensive to craft (needing extra materials) and suitable for fire/ice mages. The problem is on some of them I also get a staff level requirement. I crafted few Great combat staves to check (the level 60 combat staves both max enchant and enchanted) and I got mine (a fire+psychology max enchanted staff) without any staff level requirement. I crafted few more Great enchanted combat staves using random gems (topaz and garnet) and those came out with a level 40 staff requirement on them. The only difference I can see is that one is a max enchanted combat staff, the others just Great enchanted combat staves. I don't understand why one would require staff expertise and the other not, if anyone has any idea on how this works I'd appreciate a reply.
    In case it's just an unintentional feature could we please have the staff requirement removed from combat staves alltogether? Since they're practically oversized wands used by mages, staff expertise doesn't make a lot of sense.

Edit - I crafted few more, max enchanted and enchanted and all except the one i'm using have the level 40 staff requirement. One is triple skill and legacy but the rest are normal and all require level 40 staff. The crafts were done on Khaylara for log checks if needed.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 02-16-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Footer