Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Skill Request

Can we get a combat skill similar to Asheron's call 2 tactician class?

Would love to see a class like that in this game. Whatever you wanna call it, whatever pets you wanna give it, but gameplay similar?

Ok, that's all. Thank you for reading!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a video of someone playing the tactician. Player appears to be about level 55. Tactician's were very helpful in group hunting. They could solo very effectively as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnIzoeeSSSs&t=55s

If you don't know anything about Ac2 then the footage won't make much sense as to what's going on or what the class is about really.

Briefly: The video showcases a two man group so essentially the Tactician is soloing. He's farming for xp but loot as well. He has a respawn location camped. His two turrets are what his gameplay revolved around. He could use walls to distract or act as stationary tanks. They also provided cover. There was a hero ability that provided for a third turret. Thegameplay was more complex but thats the basics.
    Last edited by Aionlasting; 03-08-2020 at 05:25 PM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've deleted the posts in this thread that were not contributing to the discussion. Let's stay on topic!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks kinda fun, the guy in the video is not riveting to watch haha.
    It would be cool if AH had a similar thing with being able to tame those insects at a lower level that are ranged, maybe even tame a group of them instead of just one.
    Tame 3 small/medium/large wasp instead of 1 giant wasp.

The combat skill would fit into the grind of the game since it looks like a farming thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok I didn't watch the whole thing, but it appears to be some kind of Turret class? Hmm, it could be interesting. If Turrets would be treated as stationary pets, this could be good skill for solo farming.

I could see it as another advanced class, similar to Battle CHemistry, where you need decent lv in several other skills to learn and/or fully utilize it. Like for example, it would need special components to be able to use more complex/powerful turrets, said components would be made by carpenter/tool crafter/blacksmith. It might have some special skills, that would be only available when one had sufficient lv in other combat skills, like making it shoot fireballs/lightingbolts/freezing pulses but you need Fire Magic/Mentalism/Ice magic to learn it.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out situations where it would be good, but I have mixed feelings.

I mena, it wouldn't be hard to make it strong, but it could easily become too strong. On top of that, farming in PG often requires moving a lot, since respawns are not that short, so stationary skill like that could be clunky to use.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool guys. Glad you were able to glean something from the video. A class of this type is quite enjoyable to play and relaxing to be honest..

Croocy, you bring up a good point regarding the "respawn" issue. I think as the maps are more fleshed out, and hopefuly the zones become larger in size, this type of issue wouldn't be really one we notice.

Not sure though... I like your other ideas though about interplay with other combat skills but I would be careful on making it a craft heavy sort of class because to behonest, one of the reasons I don't play archer, is because I can't stand having to create arrows all the time... I think crafting and combat should have some interplay but one should not be dependant on the other.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In AC2 did any of the turrets ever get used as a healing totem?, support role?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBbrian View Post
    In AC2 did any of the turrets ever get used as a healing totem?, support role?
    To my knoweldge, no. The tactician was responsible for healing his own turrets. The lugian race already had a healer though in the form of a Sage class.

Thread Footer