Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: NecroHammer 40k
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nerfing an entire build due to its effectiveness against one boss in the game seems like a bit of an overreach. The OP reads like a hit job.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    Nerfing an entire build due to its effectiveness against one boss in the game seems like a bit of an overreach. The OP reads like a hit job.

Did you ever play Everquest? Did you read the part about mana burn? It was a game ruining (read as server ruining experience). If I recall correctly Citan worked on that game and probably remembers the reference if you do not.

I am not seeking to ruin any one player's build. That would be petty and mean. As I said before look at most of the potential attack chains in this game and with good mods you will see things like : 1k, 3k, 2k, 1k , 1k. Then those ability cycle and you can use them again shortly. Pressing about 6 buttons and dealing 20k or 40k damage breaks the game. What happens if you have two players using this build? Or an entire group of players using this build? This becomes a problem for trying to make a balanced game. Remember this is not the type of game where you are one specific class. In an instant you can be something completely different if you are willing to carry an extra gear set.

The second you allow some builds to deal tremendous damage and then be on very long cooldowns you open the door for people to basically skip the intended content.

You might label me as a bad guy for 'exposing' someones build and 'ruining it' for personal interest. Talk to me in game and see how I behave; you will realize that is not me in the slightest. I guarantee you that Citan has tools to examine how bosses are killed in this game and something like this was on his radar but low key (how many people play necro at level 80?).

I will say again I think Pazz/Mirro did something very cool and I would like to thank them for bringing some broken elements of the game to light - either willingly or not.

I sincerely do apologize if I am responsible for your build's eventual nerf. But if it does get nerfed to oblivion it will be for the good of the game (I would hope anyway).

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's ENOUGH!

@Mirromorka: Please do not use your entire post to attack Glythe.

We'd like to keep the forum a place for substantive and friendly discussions. We could use *everyone's* help with that.
    Last edited by srand; 03-07-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Thread Footer