Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Fae Realm FPS
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fae Realm FPS

I built myself a new machine last October-November, all high end parts. Intel i7-10700K, 64GB RAM, RTX 3090, all drives are SSDs and the main drive is a Samsung 970. I run the game on a 1440p monitor that is GSYNC 'compatible' (maybe I will get a real GSYNC monitor in the future). I have all the settings turned up except shadows, because in some zones (Kur in particular) shadows constantly jump around and make the game impossible for me to play without a lot of eyestrain.

Most zones are fine for fps on these settings. As I type this I have a character in Animal Town growing onions (onion day in Sun Vale), fps varies between 60-88. The zone that kills my fps is Fae Realm. Running around the zone I typically get around 30 fps. I decided to see if I could determine what was causing that drop. I disabled/lowered one setting at a time, let things stabilize and looked to see what, if anything, caused the fps to go up. I predicted it would be grass drawn distance, as FR has this wavy grass, always in motion. Nope. It was the trees. The only setting that increased fps was reducing the Tree Draw Distance. FWIW I just tried the same thing in Sun Vale and it made no difference.

So what is it about the trees in FR that is causing such problems?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is very much off topic but I thought you were suggesting making a first person shooter in the fae realm and I was overjoyed for a moment

Thread Footer