Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New option besides hardcore mode

I was thinking while playing, that it would be cooler if i was even weaker than i was now, so what about an option(much like the hardcore option) that makes me 50% weaker? 50% less damage, 50% less armor, 50% less hp, and if you die you have to run back get your stuff, but you get double the loot to compensate.

The double loot would be disabled if you group up, and your armor/hp/dmg values would be sent back to how they were normally, and when you leave group it would be back to your 50% weakened state. If a person not under this state help a person in the 50% weakened state kill mobs, the loot drop would be 1x rather than 2, to prevent abuse.
    Last edited by overtyped; 02-26-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be a little besides the point, but if you're looking for a challenge, have you considered accumulating a couple of curses? A few examples, such as 10% reduction to max health/armor, increased cold vulnerability, and halved out-of-combat power regeneration offer some small advantages in addition to their drawbacks.

If you're looking for another self-imposed challenge, there's always going full-time Druid bird. Innate 75% damage reduction and lack of access to several vendors and trainers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't about getting a self imposed challenge but rather a different way to play like the fairy. With it's upsides and downsides. Perhaps this could be what the dwarf is like lol.
    Last edited by overtyped; 02-27-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For starters, the idea of reducing your hp and everything to half is not that great, you can achieve it by undergearing. Second the idea that you get twice the amount of loot is just ludacris, there are infinite exploits and you would see tons of people drowning themselves outside the city and running back to multiply their very valuable and expensive items (other than ¿what would be the point). Even if its not a PvP game its still multiplayer, so money and trading is a major part of the game and adding this kind of stuff would make a nightmare to balance.
    "May you wonder in nature and learn from it, since it has always been our home."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the spirit of the idea good, but it's overall complicated if they implement it. I'm generally in favor of "rouge-like" elements, and I think Citan is too (for example, in an ancient interview Citan said he's going to add a boss in a dungeon that is going to hunt down players, and I think it's a feature that gets everyone excited). "Rogue-like" in this context means you take a buff in one thing for having to live with some bazaar curse.
    My biggest concern is, the game design should motivate people to group up vs making solo methods drop more loot. Overall, I think you just want more power-trade off options vs want exactly what you said.

If you want a harder experience when you level something solo, you can use the same skill twice and earn some bonus exp. There are some curses that add buffs and debuffs which is fun to collect and test out.
    There is a chance they might create generic mods that increase the quality of drops. I say that because I believe they are going to drastically reduce the current drop rate among elites.

Thread Footer