Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I gave him cheese and he still wouldn't have sex with me!"

I thought this was a game for adults?

While it's certainly not suitable for kids, it's not suitable for adults either. The target audience is 12-21 it seems.

Any intentions to make the sexual theme less prevalent? At least make it so the elves are trying to hide their frankly disgusting nature to fit into normality?

This game is supposed to be a break from all the freaks around me IRL, why would you base the game around one of the most annoying facets that's taken over real life in modern times?

Looking forward to YOUR opinions on the ridiculous sexual nature of the game. Do you like it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mildly risque, it's harmless. Only today's ever-present "Professionally Offended" would make a serious issue of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdelver View Post
    It's mildly risque, it's harmless. Only today's ever-present "Professionally Offended" would make a serious issue of it.
    It doesn't offend, just ruins the game.

Would lord of the rings be a good story if Samwise was constantly dreaming about having sex with frodo, while always scheming to achieve this goal instead of destroying the ring? To me - no... Each to their own.
    Last edited by itwassoclose; 02-23-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I see topics similar to this one I furiously imagine how the topic starter is beaten to death with a giant dick (or two) XD Does that count as an opinion?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just a joke. There's options to completely hide npc chatter, chat bubbles as well as chat itself if it is such an issue for you.

Personally I don't see anything disgusting about it and your comparison to Lord of the Rings is completely misleading, if you really wanted to do it, it would be the equivalent of one sex joke in the entire movie with how prevalent it is in game. Would that make the story better? Probably not, but that's because it doesn't fit the tone. Here the tone is a lot more light hearted and I think it fits well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itwassoclose View Post
    It doesn't offend, just ruins the game...
    In your eyes it ruins the game, which is your prerogative. In my eyes it doesn't. On a "Smut Scale" of 1 = Trivial and 10 = Terrible I'd give it a 1 out of 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifewarden View Post
    Every time I see topics similar to this one I furiously imagine how the topic starter is beaten to death with a giant dick (or two) XD Does that count as an opinion?
    Of course this counts - any feedback at all is quite valuable here. What I got from this is that you are the target audience for this Not intended to be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
    It's just a joke. There's options to completely hide npc chatter, chat bubbles as well as chat itself if it is such an issue for you.

Personally I don't see anything disgusting about it and your comparison to Lord of the Rings is completely misleading, if you really wanted to do it, it would be the equivalent of one sex joke in the entire movie with how prevalent it is in game. Would that make the story better? Probably not, but that's because it doesn't fit the tone. Here the tone is a lot more light hearted and I think it fits well.
    The reason it fits the tone for you says more than you might think, even though I'd already read about the races and knew this was the case. Putting it into the dialogue like this is something else.

Personally I'm not surprised at all that developers add microtransactions into games when this is the level players are on.

Please don't take this as personal attacks, it's very hard to voice an opinion without it seeming like that - I'm fine with people being like this, but in real life I get to choose to not talk to them, or block them. I don't have to earn favor with them to progress in life. This game is supposed to be a bit of a break from this irl crap for boomers like me...
    Last edited by itwassoclose; 02-23-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You better ask yourself why are you pretending to be "higher than this", the true answer may disgust you even more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifewarden View Post
    You better ask yourself why are you pretending to be "higher than this", the true answer may disgust you even more
    OK?

We should all be "pretending" to be better than this. That's what makes us human and not animals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'm not surprised at all that developers add microtransactions into games when this is the level players are on.
    How did microtransactions get into this topic?

... in real life I get to choose to not talk to them, or block them. I don't have to earn favor with them to progress in life. This game is supposed to be a bit of a break from this irl crap for boomers like me...
    I'm a Boomer and this IS a break from real life for me. Being a Boomer is nothing special, really, and I don't know why you even made it a "thing". I don't know what world you live in but RL is ALL ABOUT earning favour with people to progress in life. As mentioned by another poster, you don't have to see NPC Chatter at all if you don't want to. If the game causes you such distaste why even bother continuing to play it?

Thread Footer