Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celler View Post
    I don't suppose there is any chance of adding an extra character slot as a DLC for a few extra pounds.
    I would definitely buy an extra character slot for this game for ~10$

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'm a bit conflicted. On one hand, Fairy looks interesting. Om other - I don't feel like I have any reason to make a new character that I'll use for anything other than storage/gathering time-gated resources. It's just too much of time investment to develop single charcter, and doign it for second oen doen't give any benefits.

I'll probbaly delete one of my mules,a dn try fairy out, but I don't see myself stickign with it for long.

That beign said, I have one suggestion - lovered inventory space feels liek too much of a punishment. Since Faires are supposed to be more fragile, why not reduce they HP, and/or make it so teh are slowed down when wearing metal armor(or can't use it at all).

Other than that I'm happy to hear some changes to AH are coming. As for monster changes - I would love to see thy dmage reduced at higher levels. They hit os hard, that we, as aplayers, are forced to either stack upa s much dmage as posisble to hoppefully kill them in two, three hits, or stack tons of healign effect to surirve beatign we will get.

It doesn't help that without said stacking of helaing effects, we have very little in terms of reliable defense. Armor is gettign shredded extremally quickly, flat mitigation is useless against direct damage, and random crits can one-shot player out of nowhere. Citan mentioned many times that he wnats to extend duration of fights, and nerfed players dmage output, or buffed monster health/armor, but I think somewhere along thg line it was forgotten that we, palyers need better surivability too. As it stands, as far as I know, there are only two types of builds used - high dmage, aiming to kill mobs in two, mayeb three hits tops, and extremly tanky, that use tons of diferent restoration effects to surirve long enough to kill mob. Ther eis no in-between, adn I fear that this will get even worse as we move to higher levels.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about elite mobs, those shoudl be hard (but I stillt hink the hit a bit too hard sometime), but about regular mobs.

And if we are talking about combat - one change I would love to see (though it's probbaly unlikely), is change to gear mods. Currently, most mods are very simple -they either directly boost damage (or healing) of our abilites, or add raw stats to our characters. I would love to see more mods that change how the skill works. We have few, already, most prominet being glove mods that turn single target skills into Aoe, or ones that change damage type skill does, but I would love to see more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celler View Post
    Also if we delete a character can the new character use the same name as the deleted one or must we choose something new?
    As long as nothing changes in the patch, deleting a character and creating a new one with the old name works.

As far as balance goes, I think it looks fine. The Fae bonus is partly skill specific and partly race-ability specific. The biggest con is the annoying death --like an un-experienced player can get stuck between the Fae Realm and Winter Nexus forever. I do most of my traveling by dying and even though I've enjoyed builds with the 4 fae skills, idk if its worth it. And less inventory slots when you want to have the flying option really hits the low level player hard. Fae will just be poor, but thats why 3 of the skill's bonus help the player financially.

The combat-fairy magic is the interesting, partly because its the first sub-skill. If a player has 50 mentalism, then starts using fairy magic, will level 50 fairy magic mods drop when they can't use it? When using fairy magic, because there are more potential mods that can drop, wouldnt that make it harder to put together a build/reroll? It'll be interesting to test it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds so very interesting I can't wait to see it play out. I agree with adding a character slot. I will delete a char. to make room but it would be so nice if I didn't have to. I use/play all the ones I have now. As far as pets go I play AH now and I have been very happy with how it has been progressing up to now. The pets have come a long way and I think a lot of people that try it forget that you have to build up a bond with them. I play 2 chars in all the zones with pets of some kind, you have a lot more control over them than people realize I think. I agree that their aggro and travel speed really needs a boost. I often unspawn them and re spawn them again as it is just quicker. I wish they would run beside you so you didn't have to. Speaking of is there any chance that pets could stay until you send them away or they die similar to the skeletons of necro? One place I notice this problem the most is the baby spiders. They aren't always easy to get and you don't keep them if you portal. I would love to see all pets stay with you through travel that would be amazing. I have already started moving stuff off of one of my chars to get ready. I know the minute it is available I will be looking to try it out!
    Amaryllis - Battle Chemistry/Mentalism/Cow/Animal Handling/Druid/Crafter
    Lakini - Eternal Wolf/Psych, Giant Bat/Warden, Spider/Priest
    Elie - Sword/Sheild
    Rigby - Has a lot of pockets

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting read, I'm looking forward to seeing how the first sub skill pans out and what these new combat changes are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so excited!!! the lower inventory slot thing is gonna be hell but the rest is great.
    Let's get one thing straight, I'm not.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Say Hello to Playable Fairies
    We've long planned to add three "advanced" character races to Project: Gorgon: Fairy, Orc, and Dwarf. Unlike the standard races (Human, Elf, and Rakshasa), the advanced races are unlocked by completing quests in-game. This is important because these races are harder to play. They require more experience and knowledge than the other races and aren't suitable for brand new players -- you at least need to understand the basics of the game first.
    recapping..

That inventory space.. so much for advanced
    That's not a anything, more upsetting and annoyance, since it's already an alt why nuke the inventory if im unlocking it with another character and possible being carried to get it unlocked by other players, the time investment to get this unlocked and then be slapped with inventory management issues..
    I understand they are meant to be lighter and stuff, but inventory management is a big thing in games, you don't want to f**k with a sisters inventory man..

So Faeries will be fast flyers with the consuming of fairy dust, ok.
    They are susceptible to knockbacks because of wings.

The Lemming Force.. savior of death.

Faeries really do die! but are immortal.. what.. reborn at the lifestone like a phoenix or something.
    Gee i hope this lifestone area is like a hotel of fancy death with all the comforts needed, because otherwise not respawning within the zone you were in and having to deal with more loading screens.. just makes this sound awful, not to mention going back to the dungeon you were in and falling behind the group or just adding another loading screen to the mix.
    If faeries have 1000's years of combat practice i assume this lifestone area is like a blissful oasis with everything you could hope to want or need and leaving the area is only to steal souls from humans like the gruesome stories of a ginger.

Damn, no pig with wings then.. burr lame, being a faerie can be mute by animal forms? seems pointless and unfun.
    Flying spiders.. cmon.. think of it.. now set that thought on fire and run..
    It woulda been cool, am not a fan of faeries losing their fatigue and benefits because of a curse or potion.

Its going to be funny seeing Angoge Island with faeries with 1000's of years of practice to retain their combat skills.

I like the pet thing with animal handling, they sound nice, sux the pets granted to the new character are already established in level and bond and im not going to think of them more of my pet than as a gimp shoulder cannon i was given because of "advanced" it woulda been nice to raise them from a baby for sake of immersion if nothing else, does seem weird what level and bond they get freely for no reason.

Although im not sure animal handling is a good perk.. not with how pets are in this game, if pets go some QoL fixes it would be cool but pets are gimpy, we'v all seen or have that one friend with the ice skating green tiger.. cat.. thing.. that moves without motion.

It feels weird that the character is going to be a level 30, anyone else think given free character advancement is bit more than just unlocking and takes away some of the adventure of the character?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I would certainly agree that the inventory reduction sounds incredibly harsh, and maybe more annoying than advanced/challenging, the perks of being Fae do read like they should come at a pretty hefty price.

Spit-balling a few ideas here...
    • Perhaps the inventory restrictions should be tied to armor choice? For example, wearing a metal chest/legs could reduce inventory by 5 each, while helm/gloves/boots reduce it by 2. Similarly, leather could be -2 for chest/legs, -1 for helm, -0 for gloves/boots (critically, this would give -5 for wearing a 3-pc Winter set.)
    • A more complex iteration of this mechanic might include assigning a different "encumbrance" value to each armor type in each slot. In addition to inventory reductions, hitting certain thresholds would give you cumulative debuffs. For example, using the numbers from above, flight could be disabled at a value of 6+ (any combination of 3-pc metal, or any metal while wearing 3pc-Leather.)
    • Instead of outright reducing inventory space, what if using any of the last 16 slots could enable a limited form of Encumbrance? No flight, no fast travel... but, instead of a movement penalty, maybe more combat-oriented debuffs? No evasion/nimble, longer cooldown for Combat Refresh, a stacking "exhaustion" debuff to reduce effectiveness until you "catch your breath," etc...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone mentioned it in a private channel: the hardcore armor is often Winter Court armor. Will there be anything special regarding Hardcore Mode and Fairies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited about everything about faeries. Except inventory since I'm always overloaded even with full pocket gear.

But I'd also like to say you missed a perfect opportunity to name the post "Say Hello to my Little Friend".

Thread Footer