Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Animal handling / Lycan - sick'em and special trick - how to use em properly?

Howl! In a wolf form I hunt with my panther by my side, but she is hard to control sometimes. Maybe because cats are always like that :) or maybe it's cuz I'm doing something wrong - when pressing any of those 2 commands withing 20m of an anemy the pet pauses for second or so then engages an enemy and most of the time then about half the way to the enemy she stops in her tracks and waits for something (in "guard me" or "assist" against solo enemy) so the attack fails. Those commands always work (although with a ~2 sec delay) when we are already shredding our prey to pieces in melee range but it would be good to know if the command can actually be used at some range? Is there some trick?

p.s. I read a bit more about the matter and it seems that maybe it's b'cause of low bond level? (just tamed her recently so it's around ~20 yet). Will it improve later? Right now I waste special trick skill too often and it's a bit frustrating - it deals like 160 dmg (without mods from gear) while my gear-buffed werewolf "big" attacks deal 60-80 max
    Last edited by Lifewarden; 02-16-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the bond level, pets are weird and have issues, wait until you do dungeons and they bug out and stop following and then run off randomly and pull 2 rooms of elites onto your group.
    They also lag behind you at a long distance for some weird reason.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1_19-56-24.gif

It's the broken pets AI, not you, not your lycan, just them and the mechanics that have been like this for a long while.
    There is some weird line of sight issues with the terrain or something, they glitch out constantly, all pets do it, some places are worse for pets than others but it will still happen everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh I see, tnx! hope that it will get some QOL love in later stages of the beta then, for now will have to adapt (p.s. saw those posts about wild aggro -> wipes and slowness in speedruns too, methinks it will be fixed later too and speed problem perhaps will be one of the first fixes since it shouldn't break anything? as for aggroing packs adding something like "passive" mode when it attacks only after you give it a specific command and never aggroes anything but designated target is probably the right thing to implement)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the pets have limited attention span. When they stop attacking, I just hit the Shrill Command, or Sic'em button again.

Pets also do not jump down or follow along ledges, such as Wolf Cave. Nor do they follow you through portals.

I, and a few friends, have already sent in requests for a "heel" button to be added to the pet control window, that would pop the pet back to you, if it got stuck, or lagged too far behind. Maybe a few more such requests would gain some priority in the Devs' "things to do" list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifewarden View Post
    oh I see, tnx! hope that it will get some QOL love in later stages of the beta then, for now will have to adapt (p.s. saw those posts about wild aggro -> wipes and slowness in speedruns too, methinks it will be fixed later too and speed problem perhaps will be one of the first fixes since it shouldn't break anything? as for aggroing packs adding something like "passive" mode when it attacks only after you give it a specific command and never aggroes anything but designated target is probably the right thing to implement)
    Yea, have sent multiple feedback suggestions about it, aswell as pets ignoring other pets instead of defending them.
    The "ToDo List" that was posted in the housing brainstorm did not have anything about fixing this stuff for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbuk View Post
    I think the pets have limited attention span. When they stop attacking, I just hit the Shrill Command, or Sic'em button again.

Pets also do not jump down or follow along ledges, such as Wolf Cave. Nor do they follow you through portals.

I, and a few friends, have already sent in requests for a "heel" button to be added to the pet control window, that would pop the pet back to you, if it got stuck, or lagged too far behind. Maybe a few more such requests would gain some priority in the Devs' "things to do" list.
    Yep, that's the los issues with terrain, i tried testing it but it's just a bad setup it happens everywhere, and im not sure any of my suggestions or feedback are getting to where they need to go, or atleast im not seeing it and it makes it feel like a futile endeavour.
    You can dismiss your pet and whistle for it again, basically the same thing as the heel you mentioned, they have alot of issues with controlling the pets altogether, i have sent in many suggestions asking for them to lower the cooldown of those skills to summon the pets because of this annoying issue bug.

There is a reason why everyone abandons there pet/minion master character for the late game and changes to something else with direct boom power, sometimes you will see people with a bear or hissy cat floating about but they are getting fewer and fewer as they discover the frustrating mechanics of the pets and just want a pet because who doesn't want a pet.. psychopaths thats who.

Thread Footer