Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Run Speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Run Speed

I've been playing for several months, and have created 2 characters, a human Fire/Staff, and an Elf Sword/Knife who has become a Druid/knife. My Fire guy has no way to increase run speed, except to use the Alchemy potions Bleeding Speed and Agonizing speed. They are nice, but don't last very long and if I used them as often as I wanted to, I'd be spending a lot of time making them. My Druid currently has Hunter's Stride 2, which is a tad faster then no speed boost at all. Even when I have it active, players will go streaking by and leave me in their dust. The current event is a constant speed boost about like the Bleeding Speed potion. Not great, but certainly better than no boost at all. ~~ What I would love to see is a system where all character's run speed would increase by player level, perhaps a permanent speed increase at every 5 levels, or 10 levels. The more I play, the more getting places seems to take forever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word on the street is that the movement speed is getting an overhaul when mounts are added to the game.
    Although mounts have been talked about being added to the game for years now, so who know when this is going to happen or how many more years until it happens, since it looks like mounts are a perk in the cash shop already, along with character slots in the vip subscription and what are they adding atm a fairy race to add to the character slot amount, so maybe once they have enough stuff to stuff into the vip system they will add mounts and the movement speed can get the much needed overhaul.. like alot of other game mechanics.. *cough* pets *cough*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst we wait for the above, there are many ways to increase run speed in the game. /wiki haste shows most of them.

Currently, most vets use a 'travel' gear set often using fire or shield or psychology, etc.

Fire magic has 2 mods that increase run speed.
    Using fire /druid, I get +19 movement rate with 75% up-time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poulter View Post
    ...Fire magic has 2 mods that increase run speed.
    Yikes, I really MUST look into that! A surveyor's dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teleportation is also a huge asset. Besides the regular recipe, you can get an alternate bind, you can get "Recall Heart's Home" which sends you to your most-used telepad, you can use a recall to send you back to where you entered an area, and you can eventually get mushroom teleportation. With all these, you hardly even need to use the death portals.

But for regular speed in a single zone, it can get tricky, as some builds are naturally faster than others (Cow and Deer are amazing for this). Besides the standard Windstep Shoes, Ring of Jaunty Traipsing and Amulet of the Rugged Traveler, the fire mods are your best bet (I know Flesh to Fuel is one, but I can't recall the other). Some pants also have a +1 to sprint speed.

I find the higher level you are in the game, the easier it becomes to travel, so don't worry if others are whizzing by you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good advice poulter and Mjytresz. Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a ring,pants, and amulet for +1 speed and boots for +2 speed. Then you can use shaman infusion to add another 1.5 speed to the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by poulter View Post
    Currently, most vets use a 'travel' gear set often using fire or shield or psychology, etc.

Fire magic has 2 mods that increase run speed.
    Battle Chemistry/Shield is the true champion of run speed on flat terrain (read as sucks in kur but is amazing in Ilmari).

My snail boots only go up to lvl 70 but my the lead goes for +22.5 for 10 seconds.
    Vigorous Defense gives you +7 for 15 seconds.
    You get the haste spell from BC that you and your golem will cast for +12 for 10 seconds.

These all work in combat. Fire and psychology run speed buffs do not. So take heed to note not only max speed but consider if it works in combat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You being slow is your problem. I have no issues getting around whatsoever. I think the system is good as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on advice from Mjytresz, I tried to make Flesh to Fuel increase my speed, but couldn't seem to make it work. The shoes, ring and pendant are working as expected, so thanks for that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachGriz View Post
    Based on advice from Mjytresz, I tried to make Flesh to Fuel increase my speed, but couldn't seem to make it work. The shoes, ring and pendant are working as expected, so thanks for that.
    Regarding Flesh to Fuel, if you are going that route, you should look for mods on Legs and Feet that give "Flesh to Fuel increases your Out of Combat Sprint speed +x for 15 seconds".

Thread Footer