Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Senior Member alleryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    198 (988 Banked)
    I love the gardening skill, mostly because i find it the least relaxing skill in the game. Trying to determine just the right numbers of each plant you can manage in a given amount of time is harder than it seems, since you have to factor in not only the growth times, but also the time it takes to locate a plant that needs water. It's not really possible to grow 2 carrots, 2 broccoli, 2 squash, 4 beets, 6 cabbage, 6 onions, 6 potatoes, 6 bluebells, and 5 cotton (for example) in one 3 minute period (at least at my skill level), even though none of them have more than a 2min55sec grow time. The scanning to find which plant needs water/fertilizer and replanting just takes too much time.

    Learning little tricks like separating out the ones you are going to re-plant so you can more reliably click on them has made me a better gardener over time and makes me find this the most strategic skill in the game.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Crissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    2,094 (750 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShubiMaja View Post
    Regarding your suggestion, I rather have the ability to simply empty bottles. I dont think its unfair to request that and would solve the issue of having to sometimes afk in town drinking stacks of water when Im done gardening, as well as trying to decide which plant to use my last bottle of fertilizer on when i really rather just dump the fertilizer and keep the bottle.
    This is a dang good idea. Sure, I don't mine drinking a couple, but I ended up drinking twenty the other day and that took a long time to metabolize.

    A general 'recycle' command or bin in the city to drain bottles, destroy items that can't be sold or otherwise.... It would be handy.

  3. #13
    Member ShubiMaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    358 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    This is a dang good idea. Sure, I don't mine drinking a couple, but I ended up drinking twenty the other day and that took a long time to metabolize.

    A general 'recycle' command or bin in the city to drain bottles, destroy items that can't be sold or otherwise.... It would be handy.
    I feel your pain. Thats basically gardening for me every time I try.

    I don't think we should be able to destroy anything though. I like the fact that everything needs to be dropped. It gives ppl a chance to pick up junk and is more natural than magically destroying things.
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  4. #14
    Senior Member Crissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    2,094 (750 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShubiMaja View Post
    I don't think we should be able to destroy anything though. I like the fact that everything needs to be dropped. It gives ppl a chance to pick up junk and is more natural than magically destroying things.
    I was thinking of a recycle bin or somethings in town. Maybe others could root through it (dumpster-dive?) but unlike a vendor, no cost would be associated. It would lower performance of a region less than lots of dropped items.

  5. #15
    Member ShubiMaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    358 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    I was thinking of a recycle bin or somethings in town. Maybe others could root through it (dumpster-dive?) but unlike a vendor, no cost would be associated. It would lower performance of a region less than lots of dropped items.

    Great idea ! Maybe place it in the inn and remove 1 hygiene point for every unique item u take out as well as reward one hygiene point for every unique item u place in
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  6. #16
    Senior Member Crissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    2,094 (750 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShubiMaja View Post
    Great idea ! Maybe place it in the inn and remove 1 hygiene point for every unique item u take out as well as reward one hygiene point for every unique item u place in
    Oh, that's a good idea. Some people also suggested a municipal bonus based upon unique items, too. But making it equivalent to washing your hands would make it cool, too.

  7. #17
    Member ShubiMaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    358 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Oh, that's a good idea. Some people also suggested a municipal bonus based upon unique items, too. But making it equivalent to washing your hands would make it cool, too.
    Unfortunately if we did that someone would max the skill the next day, even if it was 1 point per item

    EDIT: I originally meant to add that this would be the case *unless* we implemented it specifically for *unique* items, basically repeating what was said in the previous post. I did not intend to invalidate the suggestion, only to provide feedback about balance without fully reading the previous comment or expressing myself very well.
    Last edited by ShubiMaja; 02-25-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  8. #18
    Senior Member Crissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    2,094 (750 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShubiMaja View Post
    Unfortunately if we did that someone would max the skill the next day, even if it was 1 point per item
    Unfortunately responses like this lead to shitty development whereby nothing gets done because hey! We never think about how to make things work, right?

    Maybe one might wonder why no one maxes the skill when you can just pour oil into lamps and get skill... Hmm.

  9. #19
    Senior Member alleryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    198 (988 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Unfortunately responses like this lead to shitty development whereby nothing gets done because hey! We never think about how to make things work, right?

    Maybe one might wonder why no one maxes the skill when you can just pour oil into lamps and get skill... Hmm.
    Yeah i have to agree. Not really sure what sense Shubi's comment makes. What if it was a billionth of a point per item. Would people still max it in a day?

    I guess what i'd like to see is some kind of penalty to civic pride for littering. (This would stop people from simply "drop trading" for the xp). Of course it would be necessary to better define littering, as some items with low face value have much higher intrinsic value. But surely, some items like single arrows or crude underwear can universally be seen as liter.
    Last edited by alleryn; 02-22-2017 at 06:08 PM.

  10. #20
    Member ShubiMaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    358 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Yeah i have to agree. Not really sure what sense Shubi's comment makes. What if it was a billionth of a point per item. Would people still max it in a day?

    I guess what i'd like to see is some kind of penalty to civic pride for littering. (This would stop people from simply "drop trading" for the xp). Of course it would be necessary to better define littering, as some items with low face value have much higher intrinsic value. But surely, some items like single arrows or crude underwear can universally be seen as liter.
    Here's a better question: What's to stop someone from putting the same item in and taking it out over and over in order to farm points? That's the point I'm trying to make. We need to think of a practical way to balance it.
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

    Spoiler Spoiler:



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •