Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ARCHERY] New/Previously unseen Bow Mod

Well, atleast I havent seen it till now.

After some testing i've finally worked this out:

I've never encountered the mod on this bow before.

So whats it do:
    Upon equipping you automatically get 3 new skills in your skill book:
    Example:

so on the surface of it, aside from flavour text, its not doing much.
    when you shoot using an "energy" skill, you get a nice spell like effect (like a lightning ball). And thats it, so i thought.

It doesnt consume arrows!
    The usual arrow requirement in the flavor text is gone.

Upon testing i can confirm, its not consuming arrows.

I expect this is an experiment to see how it effects the archery skill overall.
    So, I have the question:
    If this is indeed some new thinking, Can we expect more such things?
    Could there be consideration toward other arrow types? (selfishly id love this sort of mod, but on the reservoir arrow skills.)

Another Question: Is the intent going forward, to offer some form of item skill/buff on archery like this?

If yes, something like this could be of enormous benefit at lower levels (say 1 through 40) when players can get really discouraged from using archery due to the "shooting away councils" playstyle. If there were a way to mitigate expense of archery (chiefly cost of arrows early game - your effectively buying damage). Something to consider....

Back to this bow. Its clever choice of skills too. Its not all "standard" arrow skills. Multishot being excluded, ensures players must not be reckless in their use of an aoe skill, so i agree/understand this skill not being required. So Just "bread and butter" skills being used in the case of this arrow type is great.

However (and this is archery more generally), I think thought needs given to the barbed + Snare arrows.
    These have very limited skill exposure. only 1 or 2 skills devoted to each arrow. I think removing one of these two arrow types, and changing the arrow requirement to the other would smooth things out better.

But very interesting work.... Im keen to see how this kind of itemisation work out and/or evolves.
    Last edited by Lasc; 01-24-2020 at 11:12 PM.
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Thread Footer