Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Work Orders // Hunting

Would be nice if the Work Orders got some QoL updates. (quality of life)

Seems crafting is just setup to be the "end all" of end game content and top money making.
    But what if it wasn't?
    What if the Warrior / Hunters had the opportunity to do this aswell?
    All those little critter pieces to collect off animals/monsters?
    Or kill 120 tigers?
    Or kill 80 Praying-Mantis types?
    Or kill 1 Old Fangsworth
    Or kill 3 Special Foes (local above ground non-dungeon boss's)
    Or kill 2 Serbul Crypt Special Foes (local dungeon boss's)
    etc..

Fix up the work orders and give them some balance?

This is the Before picture, what the game currently looks like.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...rkorders23.png

This is the After picture, with new tabs and more options for other things than crafting.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...orkorders2.png
    -moving those X'd orders into the other tab where there would more of those type of orders, not just crafting dominated stuff.

Hopefully these links work to pictures of some QoL to the w/o board.

This could enable more things down the road in those local regions, with goblin invasions or boss hunting or any type of invasions causing that zones spawns to rapidly increase or overpopulate or even change to a pile of bears or rabid creatures of that type that were previously there, hell even have the dungeons nearby do something unique with them, have them go rabid or a different color, all based/organized by/around the work orders keeping a mild freshness and balance per zone with what the local npc population wants.

Could even have an event start random because of people who are farming mobs causing a rage revolt of those animals and spawn more and a boss of that type, like a Brain Boss or Wolf Boss, just a random unique larger than normal and possibly different colored same type critter because of all the farming.

Im not a crafty person, im cool with other people being crafty and i can seek out there services for gear "real" gear instead of loot drops, but if thats the work orders of forced choice.. to money make till the end of time then im probably not going to stay playing this game, and i know a bunch of people from my other games that would also skip buying or trying this game simply because of treasure and options to restricted fun/wealth.

Im playing the game at a desk, i dont want to be playing a game at a desk where my character is also behind a desk crafting, that isn't fun to me, i wanna be in some action doing things for the locals and getting payed for it, flogging off my wares to the crafty players, collecting things, hunting for treasure, not always knowing what im going to get.. y'know?.

Instead just plonk a vendor down and hope people learn how to use the shop golems while i sew sox for work orders.. burr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% support this idea.

I get that there's a heavy crafting focus in this game but I just can't get with it. I've never enjoyed crafting in games and so to see so much of the "end game" (at least right now) focused on crafting is disappointing.

Give the hunters/slayers more money-making options please!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree this would be a good idea.

Only issues I see is every 2 hours you would in effect be issuing orders to create a situation where many are trying to farm the same resource.

Also work orders were added to give crafters an income stream, where as the hunter types have the mob gear loot to sell.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It should also be noted that two of the best work orders in the game (fairy icehearts and royal jelly) are basically hunting work orders. (I call these the best because the mats are fairly easy to acquire and the reward is high, but it's subjective).

In fact the four highest reward work orders and five of the top 6 are hunting work orders:
    *Obtain Phoenix Eggs x5 - 121040
    *Obtain Royal Jellies x10 - 60624
    *Obtain Trophy Droach Skins x10 - 57245
    *Obtain Fairy Icehearts x5 - 48540
    *Obtain Astounding Chair x10 - 44682 (NOTE: requires 75 industry which is impossible to obtain currently)
    *Obtain Trophy Rhino Hides x10 - 41262
    Last edited by alleryn; 02-10-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celler View Post
    I agree this would be a good idea.

Only issues I see is every 2 hours you would in effect be issuing orders to create a situation where many are trying to farm the same resource.

Also work orders were added to give crafters an income stream, where as the hunter types have the mob gear loot to sell.
    I feel like crafted W/O should give more exp to the Industry skill than hunting.
    I didn't feel that the early game crafted W/O rewarded much money, you mostly got your money back or a small profit.

Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    It should also be noted that two of the best work orders in the game (fairy icehearts and royal jelly) are basically hunting work orders. (I call these the best because the mats are fairly easy to acquire and the reward is high, but it's subjective).

In fact the four highest reward work orders and five of the top 6 are hunting work orders:
    *Obtain Phoenix Eggs x5 - 121040
    *Obtain Royal Jellies x10 - 60624
    *Obtain Trophy Droach Skins x10 - 57245
    *Obtain Fairy Icehearts x5 - 48540
    *Obtain Astounding Chair x10 - 44682 (NOTE: requires 75 industry which is impossible to obtain currently)
    *Obtain Trophy Rhino Hides x10 - 41262
    That looks like a nice chunk of change for hunting later on.
    Im only dealing with the early/mid game content still so i haven't got that far to test them.

Thread Footer