Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overtyped View Post
    Does anyone really want that crap? Horses make movement skills crappier, and houses really? houses in a game that has runescape graphics? who in their right mind would want to sit in a house and look out their house from a badly animated window all day?
    I didn't want any of that, or care about any of it, but your aggressively rude and ignorantly front loaded questions make me want it for those who will like it.

Me personally, I would appreciate the ability to craft all weapons first and perhaps metal armor. that is the first step in ironing out issues that I am personally concerned about before release.

What I don't really understand, is the desire to push "release"...... I'm having a spectacular time right now and I frankly don't see how an official release but allow me to have any more fun than I already am.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The December after the devs create an entire blog post in Cthulhu text, the game will have met all of its early access requirements. Or whenever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dev has said before that he will continue to add things to the game afterward anyways.

So really the only thing that will change is the wipe, I do kind of think that I'd rather have that out the way rather than endlessly waiting for it, guess many would.

Even so, the amount of fun I'm having and have had from this title is unmatched elsewhere. I'd even go so far as to say that what some would call slow development of the game is one of the main things that has made this game so great for me.
    The fact I have time to mess with many things, try many builds and gradually improve my character works well.

Jumping into the game when there are 100 lvls per skill the game would play completely different. It would just be a long ass grind from 0 to 100 with much less character depth than many are getting now.

When you think that many have over 3000 hrs in a game that is a early access, it certainly seems fair to say that early access does not really mean limited content in this case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the gain? What will change for you day 1 when you login to a live game?
    If it were live tomorrow, what’s different?

To say “who cares” about advertised deliverables isn’t really a debate, it’s about how PG is seen to those it means to gain as subscribers, and if said subscribers can have faith that their time and commitment is valued.

Anyone remember Everquest Next?
    Vanguard?

I think the dev team here do. And they won’t ram through things for the sake of “being live”
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasc View Post
    What is the gain? What will change for you day 1 when you login to a live game?
    If it were live tomorrow, what’s different?

To say “who cares” about advertised deliverables isn’t really a debate, it’s about how PG is seen to those it means to gain as subscribers, and if said subscribers can have faith that their time and commitment is valued.

Anyone remember Everquest Next?
    Vanguard?

I think the dev team here do. And they won’t ram through things for the sake of “being live”
    idk a wiped server. It's less fun playing knowing everything will be reset at launch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overtyped View Post
    idk a wiped server. It's less fun playing knowing everything will be reset at launch.
    You don’t know? Yet you start a thread like this.... Ok

Server wipe will be great.
    It’ll mean for a couple of days, people will loose all their gear, coin, and favor.
    It won’t last near as long as people think.
    I’d liken it to a stock market correction. Given a short timeframe, maybe a month, top players will be back on top. It won’t last long.

The keeping of earned levels means the power curve through tiers is not aligned to content design, as such, players will experience a speed bump not any major setback
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wipes are an accepted fact of gaming life in Alpha/Betas and should come as no surprise. As Lasc says, the status quo will be as normal very shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For comparison:
    I did a personal total 'wipe' when the level 60 cap came out i.e. I created a new 'main' toon from scratch.

It took under 8 days played to max 4 combat skills to get into Lab runs, max several crafting skills, etc. i.e. to be the equivalent level i had before.

A partial wipe will probably take less time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the issue with the wipe is items, currently whilst playing I build stacks of resources to use later for quest,crafting and favor etc.
    This is a large part of my game play, yet they will at some point go and need to be farmed/bought again.

The actual cash,gear and even favor I'm not so fussed about losing.

It's just that saving resource items now is perhaps a waste of time, depending on usage prior to wipe.

Is all good though, just happy to of found this title earlier than most it would seem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasc View Post
    You don’t know? Yet you start a thread like this.... Ok

Server wipe will be great.
    It’ll mean for a couple of days, people will loose all their gear, coin, and favor.
    It won’t last near as long as people think.
    I’d liken it to a stock market correction. Given a short timeframe, maybe a month, top players will be back on top. It won’t last long.

The keeping of earned levels means the power curve through tiers is not aligned to content design, as such, players will experience a speed bump not any major setback
    We'll lose our favor???

Thread Footer