Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Senior Member Glythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    403 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Well, you can, you just have to spam more of them. (I guess at some point the reduction may bring them down to zero xp, but until then you can).
    Alchemy is wickedly simple to get to 50 compared to leather/tailor/blacksmithing.

    Be aware that recipes most certainly will eventually drop to zero xp. When I did leatherworking I went from 0-58 using shoddy/rough/crude recipes only while fully craft buffed. You cannot do this anymore in the slightest degree as tailoring for some of the low recipes when you are at level 20 in tailoring will only net you about 10 xp per combine on repeat. In the past this might have been as much as 30-40 xp per combine when buffed.

    Overall this was a good change because it should not be viable to make extremely cheap items and skip recipes to make end game armor.

  2. #12
    Member AgentBbrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    234 (0 Banked)
    It's not wicked simple for a new player to get to 50 in alchemy.
    There are recipes hidden all over the place that you gota get.

    The spam nerf for crafting is a bit stronger than people are making it out to be for the 30+ skill gain part.
    It is do-able but thats alot of resources and a system of boredom.
    Just to unlock Battle Chemistry.. at 50 skill..

    I feel like you should be able to unlock B/C earlyer with Alchemy, without the skill lock out for the initial unlock of the skill and it works similar to Fire Magic but with Alchemy, and you need to skill up Alchemy to unlock the skills.
    This get to 50 alchemy then be an AOE farm machine with golems is meh for a niche crowd or solo rpg people, not an mmo.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Glythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    403 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBbrian View Post
    It's not wicked simple for a new player to get to 50 in alchemy.
    There are recipes hidden all over the place that you gota get.
    Battlechemistry was my third 50 class long long ago. There were fewer recipes but you could spam (that being said I laid out a very easy path to level alchemy). I was poor and broke because there was no casino. I stand by my claim that it takes less effort/resources to get alchemy to 50 than the three tradeskills I mentioned. Tool+skulls = eventual chemist.


    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBbrian View Post
    I feel like you should be able to unlock B/C earlyer with Alchemy, without the skill lock out for the initial unlock of the skill and it works similar to Fire Magic but with Alchemy, and you need to skill up Alchemy to unlock the skills.
    This get to 50 alchemy then be an AOE farm machine with golems is meh for a niche crowd or solo rpg people, not an mmo.
    Citan decided B/C ws an advanced class and takes more effort to unlock. See bard and thank the high heavens that it does not require annoying things - just requires mycology, first aid, gardening and meditation to 50 for the skills you will use. From what I can tell he wants someone who desires the profession to be dedicated about getting it. B/C would be far less special if everyone were using it.

    Maybe you should stop trying to unlock it? Did you know B/C has gotten 2 really strong negative adjustments in the last 2 years and no buffs? Its "root" was apparently intended to always be a snare and that was corrected. The older nerf was the aoe change that made aoe slaughter a thing of the past (more than 3 mobs and you get massively less damage).

    The golem is the best pet in the game but still doesn't work as well as it should. He loves to haste the air behind you instead of you quite often. He cannot be told to cast fire shield on himself when on fire and as a result always dies to droaches. The golem has no new programming options or new powers since the level 80 update.

    The sad truth is that most people unlock B/C just to have it or to run really fast with another set. I would say there are less than 20/200 active players in the game you could find who will say B/C is their go to skill as a combat class.

    I consider myself an alchemist because I can actually make a large majority of the recipes in large quantities. I could snap my fingers and make over 100 gur hortas. But I plan on saving those for my new fae character who will follow in my chemistry footsteps. I have not an entire set of alchemy recipes that I collected (not purchased) but all the ones I actually use including inks 1-4.

    You could always ask nicely in chat if anyone is doing any alchemy combines - they might offer to let you complete them for free. I admit that I had a guild member do this for me for a limited number of combines to get a level or two and it really does help.

  4. #14
    Member AgentBbrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    234 (0 Banked)
    AoE slaughter nerf, Pre spam nerf, bone spam, alchemy combines, eventual chemist, less recipes and resources to focus on and clog your beginner character storages.

    Not sure what alchemy combines are.
    Have met a few B/C people but alot more people with fire and pets and zombies.
    Hope this gets looked at to reduce the skill needed to get B/C or rework it like Fire Magic, because no matter the skill.. someone can throw a rock or grenade making the reason B/C should be linked with alchemy pretty cool, but not to skill up over 50% of a skill to its max to be able to unlock, as a new player it does feel like too many things require a niche' pov to playing instead of the mmo it is.
    Making a new character after already playing for a long time before previous nerfs and changes and having the resources already prep'd aswell as the knowledge of how things works from previous character is not really what i would consider having a new player pov in the games current era of development.
    Bard being annoying things haha.. seems alot of people share your opinion on the way this mechanic is, like horrible unlock mechanics and its considered ok to do and is not fun but people with a "gota earn it" syndrome in an mmo in early stages of development, but people will still get the skill up if its worth while, sometimes i feel like game makers get too much credit for making something because most of the times things are not fun, they are a just* to a means* and players force themself to doit instead of liking it, people will do it anyway and some will cut themself and moan that they earned it with sweat and tears (:

    A game where you are not locked to a certain class of skill, one where you can skill up everything if you wanted and try everything see what you like, people are going to do this regardless, but reasons are silly in an online game, some people have fun by hurting themself.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Glythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    403 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBbrian View Post
    Hope this gets looked at to reduce the skill needed to get B/C or rework it like Fire Magic
    Battle Chemistry is not an easy class to get into because of all the things you have to do when you get there but I hope it never becomes easy like fire magic (meditating on my fairy right now as I post). My fairy is 38 alchemy right now as one of things I have been getting ready for was how to level up alchemy again. Interestingly enough the bonemeal spam did not affect me very much but I suppose I am not the average joe when it comes to alchemy (as I keep materials to make many of the items unlike 99% of people who train the skill). I think my new character has just about every drop recipe aside from some of the sunvale ones.

    I do not see a problem with alchemy being the gate to lock new players out of Battle Chemistry. How would it be if when you got there you could not buy most of the skills because you lacked cooking, first aid, meditation, lore, fishing and gardening levels?

    One of the members of my guild is struggling with what he will have to do for bard. I feel it is definitely worth it and I have tried to encourage him down that path if he is willing to go for it. I love Battle Chemistry and if you want it bad enough you will unlock it. If not you can be the 99th new fire mage on the block (not that there is anything wrong with that).

  6. #16
    Senior Member cr00cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    79 (855 Banked)
    @Glythe - I think issue discussed here is that Alchemy is hard for new player. I have stockpiled tons of mats on my main(no recipes though) so I probbaly could level up alchemy on my fairy to high lv pretty easly too.

    But is it as easy for new player, who don't have anys tockpiled mats/recipes? No.

    Is it too hard?

    Well... I don't know. It was literal years since I maxed my Alchemy, so I don't remember how easy/hard it was to level it - and thats not counting how much levleing experience has changed since then. Few new recipes were added, exp gains were changed and so on.

    Thats why, I decided to play my fairy without any help from my main. To see how new(ish) player experience will look like.

  7. #17
    Member AgentBbrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    234 (0 Banked)
    Sure, i mean i didn't struggle with fire magic, the only part i couldn't figure out was where to start the training via the cooking menu thing.
    The gathering of material for fire magic was slightly time consuming for a new play, because it wasn't looking in my storage for things i knew i had to keep, it was still alot of favor grinding at that point.

    My miffed part was why a cool skill is considered "advanced" when everyone can do alchemy like the Fire Skill training, but the B/C has no relation to it other than skill wall... just one lockout of skill.. that's what makes it advanced?
    Farming bones to make bonemeal.. an amazing difference from fire training to alchemy.. (thats alot of bones for a newbie)
    Why doesn't it take training to become a B/C like needing to craft a bunch of potions like the fire skill training, like tiers or stages to unlock the skills, just an arbitrary skill lock at 50.. ta da youre advanced now.
    But i guess Augmentation needs 5 skills at 25 skill to unlock and then travel into snow zone to die to do a quest and then return to get the skill, then level the skill, so why not make B/C an advanced alchemy combat skill when you have modding for gear wrapped up in a weird mid game crafters lockout too, it's just some of the reasons people call this a niche game and others call it shit.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Glythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    403 (0 Banked)
    *Post Bone Meal Update*

    Make sure you get the early level recipes @10 & 15 from Azalak. These are easy for a new player to spam and can help you get to the recipes I have posted previously. You can get faction with him easily by giving him a few level 50 magic hats from a daily run.

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBbrian View Post
    My miffed part was why a cool skill is considered "advanced" when everyone can do alchemy like the Fire Skill training, but the B/C has no relation to it other than skill wall... just one lockout of skill.. that's what makes it advanced?

    so why not make B/C an advanced alchemy combat skill when you have modding for gear wrapped up in a weird mid game crafters lockout too, it's just some of the reasons people call this a niche game and others call it shit.
    I feel this falls under game designer's privilege. He built the world so he has the freedom to say Bard and BC are not as easy as everything else. These skills have special rules to do them (or advance) and as a result get some pretty powerful abilities.

    BC and bard both have good aoes and strong heals at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    @Glythe - I think issue discussed here is that Alchemy is hard for new player. I have stockpiled tons of mats on my main(no recipes though) so I probbaly could level up alchemy on my fairy to high lv pretty easly too.
    As a new player I unlocked battle chemistry within my second or third week. I think it is a rough path because of all the other things you have to do. So from my point of view the lock out makes perfect sense so that someone who wants to follow this path has time to work on cooking , meditation, fishing, etc. while they grind out the alchemy.
    Last edited by Glythe; 03-13-2020 at 03:09 AM.

  9. #19
    Member AgentBbrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    234 (0 Banked)
    Sure, i can see that later on, but as a new player you don't get that info, you gota come on here and look and google or wiki.

    Level 50 magic helms are not available to a new player in doing a daily, you would have to buy them from Joeh then give them to him.

    When i discuss new player stuff with people that have been here for a long time, they talk asif everything is an alt to their main and it seems like they forget what it was like so long ago when they first started, when you say "just do this" the person has probably 4-10 wiki tabs open in his browser trying to figure out what the serb sewer is or something.
    If he wanted to be a B/C he is out of luck without a long while of grinding outside of the favor hunting and quests, he cant just go to his bank and get out the saved items specifically for the favor of his alt he wanted to give B/C.. because that's all an advanced class is really.. it's the alt of your main, or your later down the road main character with B/C..

    People talk about how they hate certain mechanics and then everyones like "well the devs said in their infinite wisdom its an advanced class" but people are still going to do it even if it sux, and they are going to get upset and bored when they find out its like any other combat class just with all the things they gota do to unlock it.
    What was the reason? so that everyone wasn't a bard or B/C running around? literally translated it's a skill block to stop people from doing those things, but they still will and atm iv not met anyone who has enjoyed getting those skills, they get the unlock thank god its over then carry on leveling the thing and repress what they did and are just happy its over until they get bored and take a long break.
    Because not many people play as much as alot of you.. everyday.. like all the time.

    From what iv seen, no player that has 1000+ hours in this game wants to start new character without using the account stash they just wont do that again, they don't want to experience being new again because most of them hated it, people sometimes say it wasn't so bad but then tell you they forgot what it was like asif they had repressed it from memory.
    But still being on a new character doesn't get rid of the knowledge you have gained on how things work and what to do and storage and favor etc..

  10. #20
    Senior Member INXS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    415 (509 Banked)
    Unlocking BC is only the first step to a steep hill climb because once unlocked it's not like other skills, kill and level it up, you going to hit roadblocks you'll need to unlock higher tier abilities needing skills like Cooking, Meditation, First Aid, Fishing to lv 40-45. The reason behind having it unlocked until lv 50 Alchemy is possibly that by that time the other skills needed have been started and are at a certain growth stage.



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •