Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: January 9, 2020

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...January-9-2020

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Sun Vale Treasure Cartography! Can't wait to get in game and mess around with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The changes to sushi make me sad. Some kinds of fish are already annoying or difficult to get a lot of, but now instead of easy-to-find seaweed we need nearly-impossible-to-find other herbs like oregano and mint.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that the rate of refining a large conch into a perfect conch is 10% leaving a 90% failure rate in which the items are destroyed, why is the rate of large conch that drops from shells so very low? Perfect conch is required for the lvl 80 horn but the time required to acquire it is extremely heavy in comparison to any other 80/80 crafted armor, jewelry, or weapons.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    why is the rate of large conch that drops from shells so very low?
    Shells come in three sizes, small, medium, and large. Small ones are mostly what appears on the beach, and they have extremely low chances of being a Large Conch. But the large shells you find deep in the coral reefs have better chances of being large conchs.

Not every skill needs conchs, so if you're a bard trying to make a horn, you can buy them from other players. Since this is an item that can be obtained by level 30 players, a level 80 player can just pony up some cash for a work order to get the conchs they need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate what you are saying Citan. This makes me interested then, as to the difference. Why are the other crafting processes made to be so much easier to make your own gear without needing to rely on other players in such a fashion?
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Why are the other crafting processes made to be so much easier to make your own gear without needing to rely on other players in such a fashion?
    Bards can make their own weapons but most classes in the game are still unable to do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And? If you want to make weapons for other classes, discuss that, it is not a justifying argument here.

Why does that mean a Horn needs to be ridiculously more difficult and time consuming than making a staff, or club, weapons already craftable for other classe

First off, bards need a MH and OH weapon to use all the bars skills.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Why does that mean a Horn needs to be ridiculously more difficult and time consuming than making a staff, or club, weapons already craftable for other classe
    From what I remember Citan made it seem like all along that Bard was a tough route. You have to do the poetry thing and flower arrangement. For most classes you just throw some money/gifts around and you get that class easy.

I think part of the difference may also lie with the differences in the Carpentry/Fishing skills. Fishing is a skill you can learn for free. I capped it on an alt in under 3 days at zero expense besides the training. With the carpentry exploit closed where you clicked on wood from the sewers that trade is not easy or cheap. It requires lots of wood and making many things. You can even afk fishing up with the fish traps.

That being said it does seem like making a horn is a bit too intense in terms of what you need to do. What is the final horn product? I assume it is only +bard. There is no option to make an ice wand specifically with carpentry. Lower level versions sometimes have staff as the requirement when you use non staff gems so I assume that I might make a yellow staff only for it to end up with lvl 80 staff required.

What I see is that usually when Citan makes a new zone he tends to try something new (and even says that much in one of his blogs). Some of the elements are a total failure like the moon statues in Elt. It is entirely possible the horn crafting mechanic is due for an overhaul immediately after being implemented. It is also possible but maybe unfortunate that he intends for Horns to be super hard to make and that is just a bard's life. Look at what you have to do to make the Bard hat!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post
    From what I remember Citan made it seem like all along that Bard was a tough route. You have to do the poetry thing and flower arrangement. For most classes you just throw some money/gifts around and you get that class easy.

I think part of the difference may also lie with the differences in the Carpentry/Fishing skills. Fishing is a skill you can learn for free. I capped it on an alt in under 3 days at zero expense besides the training. With the carpentry exploit closed where you clicked on wood from the sewers that trade is not easy or cheap. It requires lots of wood and making many things. You can even afk fishing up with the fish traps.

That being said it does seem like making a horn is a bit too intense in terms of what you need to do. What is the final horn product? I assume it is only +bard. There is no option to make an ice wand specifically with carpentry. Lower level versions sometimes have staff as the requirement when you use non staff gems so I assume that I might make a yellow staff only for it to end up with lvl 80 staff required.

What I see is that usually when Citan makes a new zone he tends to try something new (and even says that much in one of his blogs). Some of the elements are a total failure like the moon statues in Elt. It is entirely possible the horn crafting mechanic is due for an overhaul immediately after being implemented. It is also possible but maybe unfortunate that he intends for Horns to be super hard to make and that is just a bard's life. Look at what you have to do to make the Bard hat!
    I agree with the logic you are presenting for reasoning here. What gets stuck in my craw I guess is the combination of the LOW drop rate and the LOW 10% conversion rate from large Conch to Perfect Conch.

Just something about recipes with a 90% chance to fail that bothers me.

Thread Footer