Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting In-game Content on Youtube

Hello,

I recently have stumbled upon this game and have seen the Overview video (which is quite catchy). I am a YouTube video maker with the intention of recording audio + video from the game. My intention is to do a video on my honest opinion of the game within the first hour of gameplay (recording any cut screens and audio from the game). Thereafter, I would like to make videos of progress and interesting points of the game. It may be that I would like to monetize the videos through YouTube as well, would this be legal to do so?

To do this, I would need written approval or at least a statement from the copyright holders that is available for everyone. I believe just a simple reply with someone with authority over the rights to approve of this. If some kind of statement, reply, or separate posting be made about posting videos/gameplay to YouTube. I would appreciate that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have been happy to let people stream the game before See Here, they even have the Project: Gorgon tag setup on Twitch. The only reservations that they have given is that you tell the viewers that what you are showing is in Alpha development.

Also for note the EULA & Code of Conduct.

Basically: They are usually happy to let people make videos as long as they arn't doing something dumb (i.e. cheating, causing problems, defamation, flaming chat). Its good for the game to spread the word around ya know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, in the EULA under II, it states 'You may not to sell, license, distribute, copy, "PUBLICLY PERFORM OR DISPLAY", ...'
    I understand that others have streamed it in the past, but legally we are not to due to this statement. It may be that other people have streamed it, but according to this statement I would believe it would have been illegal to do so. If we could have a statement regarding this, that would be great.

I just don't want my videos or channel as a whole taken down due to this issue. I would LOVE to spread the word about this game and show what it has to offer. However, I would like to go about it correctly and legally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you search the old forums you will see that youtubers/streamers are almost always assisted.

I would say that as long as you don't misrepresent (tell lies about) the game or slander it in an untruthful way you shouldnt need to worry and the community/staff would actually be happy to watch your videos.

You can wait for the official word of course, or just ask Monger if you see him in game. He has a youtube channel for Project Gorgon.
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

Spoiler Spoiler:

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yep, you're allowed to stream the game on twitch or put gameplay footage on Youtube. We ask that you mention in the title or description that it's alpha footage; otherwise there aren't any requirements or limitations.

Thread Footer