Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corpse talking not working

I have the "corpse talking" ability( at 1) but I am never given the option to use it when I select shallow graves in Serbule, or Eltibule. I double checked all requirements and I am filling them, fetish bags, having the skill etc..........just don't get the option when I click graves, only mourn, dig up, and rebury. Had another player with the skill come test the graves I was trying to use and they worked just fine for him but I would get no option when I tested them right after, not sure what to do at this point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This has come up in global a couple times and I believe the fix was to do Jumjab's hangout (the 8 hour one), to give you some corpse talking xp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there is always option that someone else alredy talked to corpse in this grave, just didnt buried it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    Well there is always option that someone else alredy talked to corpse in this grave, just didnt buried it.
    This. ^

It is universally considered rude by native PG players that not burying kills <IN ALL ASPECTS> is rude. (One exception being trying to clear a hard dungeon and to avoid early respawns - that's it.)

Much like this - it is equally considered rude, perhaps even more so, to go around corpse talking to graves and moving on. This is the equivalent of picking all the mushrooms up for xp, then dropping them. Be vigilante, these people exist -> and they are the worst kind of people.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @cr00cy & @Tsugumori
    if you read the OP more carefully you would read that they had another player test the grave after they tried and that player succeeded. So it is some other issue. Also it might be slightly rude not to bury things but it certainly doesn't make them the "worst kind of people"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    @cr00cy & @Tsugumori
    if you read the OP more carefully you would read that they had another player test the grave after they tried and that player succeeded. So it is some other issue. Also it might be slightly rude not to bury things but it certainly doesn't make them the "worst kind of people"
    Aye - my b.

Extractum on the right track so.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it really always rude not to bury corpses? Sometimes i'm farming a particular mob (wolves in wolf cave recently, snails or fire spiders in eltibule) and i bury those, but other mobs in the area are just an annoyance (bersekers, mantises/cultists) which i would leave unburied (although i would ask in nearby if someone else was around whether they want those mobs buried).

For me, communciation is the key. Every scenario is different.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Is it really always rude not to bury corpses? Sometimes i'm farming a particular mob (wolves in wolf cave recently, snails or fire spiders in eltibule) and i bury those, but other mobs in the area are just an annoyance (bersekers, mantises/cultists) which i would leave unburied (although i would ask in nearby if someone else was around whether they want those mobs buried).

For me, communciation is the key. Every scenario is different.
    My rule is that if i see otehr players around then i bury every corpse. if im alone i bury mobs i farm and leave rest unburied.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that you can share corpse-talking shallow graves - so you can, for example, hold the grave you found open for a friend who also wants that corpse's expertise. It will despawn eventually, or if you desecrate it.

We're looking into the bug with getting that first XP. Corpse-talking isn't exactly the top of the list, skills-wise (), but I'll poke and get an update for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srand View Post
    Keep in mind that you can share corpse-talking shallow graves - so you can, for example, hold the grave you found open for a friend who also wants that corpse's expertise. It will despawn eventually, or if you desecrate it.

We're looking into the bug with getting that first XP. Corpse-talking isn't exactly the top of the list, skills-wise (), but I'll poke and get an update for you.
    I was bit by this bug as well, although I didn't realize it was a bug. I thought I was doing something wrong or was in the wrong region.

I realize now it was needing xp as I also hung out with Jumjab and then it was just working (which further reinforced the thought I'd simply wasn't doing something correctly).

edit: typo

Thread Footer