Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Here. Paladin (Hammer/Priest) Build?

Hi all. Brand spanking new to the game and I was contemplating going for a Hammer/Priest build as it seems the closest to what I'd get as a classic Paladin, which I generally like to play in MMOs.

Would this build be viable for group content? A tanky sort of character who could provide some front line healing when needed sort of thing?

And secondly, is Priest a decent support tree for soloing?

Tried to find answers on this put it seems everything points to Psychology or Mentalism as a good secondary but...I would prefer the holy power flavor if at all possible.

Thanks for your input!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi, welcome to Project Gorgon!

Although you can play Hammer/Priest, I would say that the build would lean towards damage with healing than a tank with healing. Although both skills offer some mitigation sources, being a tank in PG is currently very demanding and they don't offer enough survivability (Surprisingly, Hammer is the one that lacks tank potential in this case). Additionally, some of priest's healing abilities have a channeling time which gets interrupted when you're hit, so you'll lose out on some of priest's better heals if you're constantly taking damage. You could potentially go off-tank, and the mitigation can be useful when soloing, but I wouldn't suggest trying to be the main tank of a group.

Priest shines in group content (I personally believe it's the best healing/support skill in the game for an organized group), but it's fine for soloing content. It has decent damage, some good passives, and healing which is always handy when soloing and leveling. It lacks AoE damage, but Hammer can cover that very easily.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unlike many RPGs, hammer isn't a tank weapon in PG, it is a burst dmg/high power consumption weapon. You'd probably be better off going Staff/Priest to emulate the archetype you are after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. Well I don't have to play a tank, at least right at this moment.

Thanks you very much for the replies! I will look into staff and/or mentalism for the moment, though I'm not too big on the whole psychic thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about Priest/Shield? How does that fare... i am currently working on it, but i gotta say... it is a bit slow...
    I am a bard I am the bane of my enemies.

I am invisible to many, and those who see me fall to my Charms. Shaman fear the accuracy of my bow, the quickness of my feet, the power of my will. I am cunning, and have a means to every end. And most of all, they know that while I live, those I travel with are emboldened to greatness and sustained and never forsaken.

I am a bard. And I am great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammer is one of the dmg skill sets, that needs some source of power replensh to compensate their high power useage. It's a tradeoff of the high dmg the hammer skills have. Priest does not doing well in terms of power replensh while beeing hit. So better try an other secondary skill set. Depending on what your playstyle is you can think of this:

Paladin (tanky + healing): shield + menta/psychology
    Paladin (dmg + healing): sword + psychology
    Paladin (super tanky + healing + dmg): cow + druid (animal form)
    Paladin (healing + support + dmg): druid + psychology
    Paladin/Healer (grp healing): druid + menta/battle chemistry
    Disciple (super tanky + healing): staff + druid
    Engineer (super tanky + healing): staff + battle chemistry
    Warrior: (universal dmg types tanky): staff + shield
    Off tank (dmg + healing): hammer + menta

It's hard to translate the skill set's into more common classes from other games. Just try them out and combine them as you wish. There are so many combinations that work very well together. But hammer + priest isn't that great.

For a new player i would recommed go with sword + psychology if you wanna have a paladin like playstyle. This works great in solo and grp play and the skills are easy to get/level up.
    Last edited by Sokar; 03-18-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hammer + priest isn't great
    BUT
    players say long ago that necro/hammer is not fun not strong and not worth playing and now we have few OP max lvl necro/hammer that can probe that was not true :P
    Last edited by Vish; 03-18-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    How about Priest/Shield? How does that fare... i am currently working on it, but i gotta say... it is a bit slow...
    Shield is the second fastest run class (after battle chemistry). I know that is not what you meant.... but shield is far tankier than hammer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know hammer priest may sound like paladin but problem with hammer is that you fill the monsters rage bar in every hit making the group take double damage all the time always , so the idea of a paladin is gone with hammer id say, they are right shield is great and tanky , closest to paladin ul get here is sword shield it will lower the rage and help the group if im correct not much of a sword guy tho ,

Thread Footer