Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necro Pets not triggering cry for help

A thought I had the other day - I think it would be cool if necromancer's pet's didn't trigger cry for help.

My reasoning is that it would make minions in a dungeon much more viable. Currently having minions out in a dungeon run is a huge liability b/c if you get hit with ranged your pets retaliate and in doing so can cause a mob to cry for help and summon mobs from another room. I suggest this specifically for necro because you can't really instruct your pets with skills so it's less abuse-able than I see it being for Animal Handling.

It's highly possible that a new pet AI system/mechanic is in the works which would make this less important (i.e. pet mode where they only attack if you have already which I've previously suggested), but thought this might be another interesting way to solve this problem.

There's always the risk of this being abused I guess, but really it would just mimic thorns where I got the idea from.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen the necro archer pet get attacked by a patrolling mob?
    Im sure it's a glitch of theirs, only ever seen the archer flip out and run, maybe the mages do it.
    Not sure why the ranged necro pets sometimes flee.
    They can be chased 100 meters down the road and gather 40+ pitchfork and torch wielding monsters into a mob that quickly removes your limbs.

Thread Footer