Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: A few questions

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question A few questions

Hey folks,

I'm considering buying P:G and I have a few questions!

1) How long has the game been in alpha?

2) When is it scheduled for full release?

3) Does it get updated regularly?

4) Is there a substantial, active player base?

5) Do many players role play?

6) Can a lot of the game be played solo?

Thanks for any info!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowyrm View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm considering buying P:G and I have a few questions!

1) How long has the game been in alpha?
    The Kickstarter was in July of 2015. In 2015 people could play the pre-alpha version.

The game is currently in Beta. It entered Beta on March 22, 2018.

The game has been in development for around 5-7 years. With players having access to some version of the game most of that time.

2) When is it scheduled for full release?
    The short answer is when it is ready. I am guessing there are 4-6 major updates required and then game will be feature complete, then there will be an intense period of polishing. So I would expect they are shooting for full release Q4 of 2020, that gives time for the engine update, adding the missing systems, and filling out the content. But it could take longer or maybe shorter.

3) Does it get updated regularly?
    They aim for an update every month, with a major update over 2-3 months. Which the manage to do pretty much. There are also hot fixes after each update usually with a week, and sometimes correction updates as well.

4) Is there a substantial, active player base?
    There is an active player base, the world seems lively. You should check out the Free Steam Demo and come visit the world to see if it is lively enough for yourself.

5) Do many players role play?
    There are a few "Characters" that stay in character most of the time. You should come visit the world with the Steam Demo version and see if the out of character stuff is too immersion breaking for you.

6) Can a lot of the game be played solo?

Thanks for any info!
    I consider myself a solo player, there are only 8 quests I haven't completed yet. And there are dozens, upon dozens, upon dozens of quests so far. There is content gear towards solo players, but there is a lot of content that are pretty much group only. Most of that can be completely by join up with groups that form around those particular quests (depending of the quest, fairly regularly).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Thread Footer