Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: October 17, 2019

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ctober-17-2019

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you right-click an inventory item and choose "More Info", there is new information shown. The "Find" tab now lists vendors who sell the item in their "Buy New" tab, and barterers who trade for the item in their "Barter" area. This only lists permanent ways to obtain the item, so it can't search the "Used" tab of vendors, nor does it search player-hired vendors, etc. But if you've ever wondered "which vendor in town sells nails?" you can now check under More Info.
    Very nice! I've run into a few situations before when my spreadsheet failed and I couldn't figure out who sold what I needed. This will be a great help!

Of course, I'd like the ability to find which vendor will buy an item too.

Sour Cream now stacks to 5
    Overpowered! Absolutely overpowered! I love it.

The "Icy Feet" debuff used by Battle Chemistry's Toxin Bomb was intended to reduce movement speed by 75% (as indicated in effect description), but actually reduced it by 100%. "Icy Feet" is also used by various monsters and traps, so the fix applies there as well
    Um - Toxin Bomb has an "icy feet" debuff? Was this supposed to be Freezing Mist here, or did I miss something important about Toxin Bomb? (Yes, I could try it, but I'm still an hour plus from being able to log into the game and I can't possibly wait that long to post.)

If it's icy mist that kind of worries me because I've been using that freeze to slow down the game to a pace I can react to, since it allows me to step back and think. Maybe I'm just a snail, but that was possibly the most important aspect of bc to me. (I'm not saying it's a horrid nerf, just giving my personal "yikes" reaction as a special bonus while asking about toxin bomb vs freezing mist.)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's gotta be freezing mist. That's a major nerf to BC/Shield bulids which used to be able to rely on Freezing Mist+Fight Me You Fools to freeze and then knock back melee enemies, giving time to heal, restore power, wait for cooldowns, etc. It often gave me time to just get in a second toxin bomb (coming off cd) to win the fight. Allowed to tank probably +50% more mobs at a time.

I suppose even with just the 75% slow it could work, but would be a lot more tedious/dangerous having to kite, and before it would work even if the player was completely surrounded.
    Last edited by alleryn; 10-17-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Freezing Mist was a really nice ability. Even without using Shield, it was nice to get a little break to heal and wait on cooldowns.

To be fair, I also used Freezing Mist for totally overpowered stuff like freezing a group of mobs that would otherwise kill me, bombing them with all available bombs and then laughing at them while they slowly fire-dotted to death while I remained just out of range. But for a 45 second cooldown, it doesn't really seem like that that's bad.

Kiting seems like it might be able to work instead. It's just that the game already feels a lot like enemies hit you so fast and hard, all you can do is try to hit them faster and harder before you die, nevermind any other strategies or variation in ability use. Losing a tool that allowed me to slow things down a bit to do other stuff is a shame.

Edit: Oh, and I did finally log in to try it, and it's indeed freezing mist. The slow is actually pretty nice and you can stay out of range of the slowed mob reasonably well, except I think in a dungeon there's not really going to be room to do that.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 10-17-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BC didn't need a nerf, the cd should be decreased to allow you to use it more regularly (25-30s).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the BC nerf is fair. Freezing Mist being a 10 second AoE Root was ridiculously good, and it easily overshadowed Ice Magic's root. A 75% AoE slow is still incredibly good, it just means you need to back pedal so the mobs can't hit you rather than being able to stand still and do anything you want. (Also thank god the nerf affects mobs as well.)

Some of the Bat changes are pretty funny. The Confusing Double buffs in particular are pretty hilarious in that you can summon an army of bats very often, probably making Giant bat the spammiest summoner in the game now. I'm not sure about their ability to actually taunt enemies because of pet taunt being very finnicky, but I could see confusing double adding a lot of damage over time. The mods on it scale very well because of the extra clones so I think any well geared bat will definitely want to run it for a lot of extra damage. These clones give you a ton of easily replaceable bodies too, so they could be excellent for grinding weak trash. Furthermore Bat has a lot of trauma DoTs now, so that's probably the route to take with Bat now.

The Warden skill is a little weird. It's got a lot of elemental damage, especially electric, so it's kind of like an animal mage skill. It has a very varied tool set including taunts, thorns, debuffs, buffs, etc, but doesn't really look like its kit is well rounded. To me it mostly looks like mix between DPS and debuff support, focusing on lightning damage. The thorns ability looks pretty interesting, especially the power regeneration part, but that's mostly for soloing. I'm guessing the idea is mostly to play another skill as your "Main skill" and then build Warden as a secondary to it, just taking what you want off of it to fit your "Main" skill set. Basically it's like a toolbox skill where you just take what you need from it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not leveled past the first spell :P or played around with warden but agree with Yaffy on the skill . as for bat Confusing double is not so funny nor as good as we had it prior For one we gave up all our electricity to only have it given to the Warden new skill (shouldering gaze so lovely with electricity {shame} Rather they did away with our slashing . ) .
    simply a personal opinion . I am okay dealing with the changes but Confusing double roflmao not so funny .

Edit few hours later : Going to try out the warden electricity because I miss my smoldering gaze (electricity) . but darn it I am a mentalist already have it . just wanted my extra :P now I have to give up what I had . When I had it prior to patch .. hmm now I'm laughing cause no matter what I choose I'm losing my electricity :P or some of it lmao .. Okay Eric shame on you .. but Bless you and jack for making That racist cow speak to all scary animals . So here's to Jack and Eric and maybe that Cow :P

Hmm interesting Yaffy as I am mental/bat which I always considered to be a mage /bat what with all those electricity/and yes other mods . now I need to be a Warden/bat to play what I already been playing for many years . having mental/batty breakdown will recover soon :P

OMG double edit : I forgot we gave up all our sonic :cries a large flooding fae river or maybe I will cry enough to flood the entire statehood :P

Third edit : after playing with Bat/Ment past few days and remod'ing few items hmm plays about same no increase nor less ( still lots immune to nature but with the added trauma its equals out ) . I do think With the Added Warden skill it can help certain animals out with what they might lack in their abilities ..
    Last edited by Sheawanna; 10-20-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just from looking at aviable abilites, and checking mods on Gorgon Explorer, I must say Warden looks interesting. I don't think it can be used as 'main' skill, but rather as support, to round up other animlas skills. As werewolf, ranged elemental attacks, as well as pull sounds interesting, and something I'll definitly will try out. Would be nice if it ha dmore defensive options, but we will see how it plasy out.
    Last edited by cr00cy; 10-19-2019 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first quests are messed up, the 4 delivery quests. One player said he planned to do Trekker last and when he finished the 3rd delivery, the package for Trekker disappeared so he went back to Tangle and got credit for all of them.
    I did Trekker first and the package stayed in my inventory when I talked to him, so I gifted it to him, then I went to Amulna in Ilmari and when I talked to Lumpfuzz, the package disappeared and same with Norbert and Suspicious cow when I talk to them. So I went back to Tangle and got credit for 3 deliveries but not Trekker and then it gave me Trekker's package back and gave me another delivery quest but it was to deliver it to Lumpfuzz in Ilmari. So I delivered it and went back to Tangle and got credit for it. Then I had to figure out to pick the option with Milton "I am up to speed" in order to finally get the skill and learn the first spell.
    Then after doing a few more quests, I decided to try out that first spell, like maybe I would get more spells from leveling up and then looked to see how much more experience I would need to go up a level and noticed that I was at level 30. Strange !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to say that adding the Bard specific leather armor AFTER the transmutation event is just plain MEAN....................
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Thread Footer