Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best speed build ?

Hi! I'm leveling surveying these days and I'm a bit obsessed with speed haha, can't help myself from thinking that I'm losing time in trying to level up this skill without having an optimal speed build. I currently have modded positive attitude modded (+9) and take the lead 2 and soon I'll have enough endurance for the wind shoes.

What other skills/gear should I like into to make the best possible speed build ? Also is flying useful for surveying ?

Thanks!
    CloudOak

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note: I only really do surveys in serb and serb hills, so this may not apply to the tougher areas. I don't usually bother with surveying difficult zones - the mixture of tedium and stress is just too unfun.

I know opinions differ, but I spent a lot of time assembling a set of surveying speed gear with psych and BC...and now I don't use it at all. With some judicious inventory management and arrangement, and using the new spiffy surveying program, I find managing abilities and cooldowns actually slows me down. Owl Form is all I use (for that nice, high-contrast long distance view.) You can load up so many surveys on the map with the surveying tool, that the distance between them becomes insignificant as long as you carefully pick your path, so a speed bonus is kinda a waste of time. You just have to make sure you take care to arrange the surveys in your inventory carefully, so you don't waste time double-clicking to find the right one. Flight makes it EZPZ in the low level zones.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally like the Wiki Haste page when trying to think of fun speed builds: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Haste . The Amulet of the Rugged Traveler is great because it gives an extra +3 inventory in addition to its small speed boost. Shamanic infusion can also help buff your existing speed gear a bit more.

For surveying, I find longer lasting speed buffs work a bit better for me than shorter super-speed bursts, just because I have a tendency to overshoot the target and need to backtrack when I hit a burst. I rather like psychology's buff there since it's both fast and non-bursty. Of course, I still like bursts too because I'm that impatient but Leodane is right, if you line up your surveys right, there's usually not a lot of need for them while surveying.

I'm personally not that fond of flying; I can never quite get over the power drain and need to stop, plus I'm faster on the ground anyway. If you are only surveying in a low-level zone, you can just run through mobs and not worry about aggro or needing food buffs, so I don't feel there's really a need for flight there. There are lots of druids out there who love their flight powers, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For passive buffs:
    Amulet of Rugged traveler +1- usually found in player market or used shop of NPCs in Serb
    ring of jaunty traipsing +1- drops in Serb Hills
    Shamanic Infusion Lvl 26 is +1 and level 46 is +1.5 gained through leveling
    Generic pants mod +1- level 15 augment I believe
    Windstep shoes +2- drops Kur Tower

That will be +6.5 with just gear. The haste page on Wiki can give you even more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amulet of rugged traveler can drop at rahu evil city, i think it is the highest version.

is there any higher level version of "ring of jaunty traipsing" somewhere else than Serb hill ?
    else at the serb hill, from which kind of mob please ?

which gem can be used to craft legs with +1 sprint please ?

Windsteep shoes drops also at wolf cave, not sure it is the same level of gear or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not know the amulet dropped in evil Rahu. I may have to pay it a visit.

I can't remember where in Serbule Hills, I remember picking up on occasion while doing surveys.
    The gem needed for +1 sprint leg mod is
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Thread Footer