Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Noob skills?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Noob skills?

I just started playing and looking for some recommendations

• Starting skills that work good together for a solo player?
    • Do some skills help with making money better than others?
    • What skills are good for leveling quicker?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Of starting skills that are good for solo player, I can't think of any that really hinder a solo player. Animal Handling can be tricking in groups. Usually, the advice given is try out a bunch and find the pair you most like. You might want to think about have a few different skills so you can adjust to different situations, like overcoming mob resistances and some require knockbacks or stuns a bit further into the game.

Money making skills, it is suggested that surveying and mining are good starting skills to make money. Skinning is not bad to make some quick cash starting out. Then getting into crafting and filling work orders is the way to go.

The only skill I can think of that actually has a treasure effect that can help you level quicker in combat is psychology, it has a xp boost mod.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shieldbreaker pretty much summed it up . I will say Staff pretty much takes care of your stuns and knockbacks .
    As for starting out psychology is a great skill for soloability and grouping .
    As stated all skills are fairly good although some may not work as well as others together . ( but all are substainable ) .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really just play what you want to play, but I do have some advice on what you should avoid:

Fire magic and ice magic require you to use expensive and/or hard to get mats in order to learn your spells, most new players will have a headache with them up until lvl 50 at which point it gets much harder and some new players even quit once they hit that wall.
    Archery and hammer both have very nice dps but I would avoid them as a new player as they both come with high power usage which requires a good supply of high quality food. Archery also requires fletching to make arrows which is a constant drain on your cash you probably can't afford if you're brand new.
    Bard and battle chemistry are what's known as advanced skills too and should probably be avoided at first. This means they have prerequisite skills such as poetry appreciation, vocabulary and flower arrangement for bard, and alchemy, mycology, meditation and fishing for battle chemistry which are needed in order to learn the abilities.
    Animal forms in general too are not recommended for starting players since you'll lose access to a lot of vendors and will no longer be able to talk to certain npcs for quests and expanding their storage for example.

As for what you should be using; basically anything else and just pick what you enjoy most. However, I will say that sword/psychology is essentially the gold standard when it comes to starting skill combinations, it has the perfect mix of damage, heals and cc and works well both in groups and solo. Both skills are easy to learn and you can get them very early on. It's not a top tier dps and it also offers very limited aoe but lots of people use it all the way right to the end game too.
    Other skills worth noting are those that provide movement speed. There is a list if you search for haste on the wiki but shield is the easiest with take the lead learnt at lvl 8, and I would highly recommend learning shield just for this, even if you don't plan on using it for combat.

Money was already covered by Shieldbreaker but it's worth noting that an aoe build (ice/fire magic, bard, battle chemistry are main ones) will essentially always allow you to kill more mobs per hour, which means both more money and more experience. The catch is that most of the aoe skills are not skills you should go into as a new player unless you really want to challenge yourself. As a rough estimate, I would say get your first skills to maybe 30/30 before trying any advanced skills and then you can see how it goes. Also don't be afraid to try out several different skills and/or skill combos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in case it hasn't been covered for you yet, there's other stuff that you can start working on now that might pay off well later on too.

Civic Pride takes a good while to build up so the sooner you start the sooner it pays off.

Building relationship levels with various NPCs in town and elsewhere to increase storage and open up access to learning skills is important.

Wiki has a lot of info. Not sure if it's all up to date but it'll be close enough to give guidance. People are good about answering questions in this game. Use the Help channel ingame too.

Hello from a fellow newbie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I didn't even know about Civic pride. I've been giving a lot of stuff to the NPCs lately to increase my favor. Inventory management is a bit of a nightmare, but i'm starting to get a idea of who wants what at least in Serbule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you rent a bed from Durstin? Also Durstin gives quests and pays, so do alot of NPCs. My first money was gotten by doing rubywall surveys and trading them in at the player work order board. Animal handling when at level 30 or 40 or more can help you level up other skills faster. As for storage, there are 5 storages in Serbule Hills, 5 in Serbule plus the council storage. Some storages you wont see until you have enough favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, i haven't rented a bed from Durstin yet. i did do a couple rubywall surveys. I'm about 27/27 Sword/Psy and i did level animal handling to like 12 or 13.

I'll need work on Favor with NPC's in Serbule Hill. Not sure i got any storage unlocked there, but i do have a couple in Serbule.

Renting a bed get you anything?
    How does animal handling help with leveling skills?

Thread Footer