Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question about mod triggering

Hey, all,

I had a question about mods which trigger a certain percent of the time: how is that trigger calculated?

For example, the 5% stun on song of discord. If I have that mod twice, does it trigger 10% of the time (one check with stacking chances), or 9.75% of the time (two independent checks?)

I know a mouse could starve on the difference in that case, but I'm starting to eyeball the Heal Undead mod which has a 25% chance to grant 35 mitigation. Does having that mod twice give a 50% chance to trigger (one check, stacking %,) or a 43.75% chance (two checks?) And if the checks occur independently instead of stacking, is there a chance having this mod twice will grant 70 mitigation if I get lucky and happen to trigger both? Or will it always grant 70, but still only happen 25% of the time i.e. there is a single check, and both iterations of this mod are triggered by the same check and stack mitigation?

If anyone has any info on this, I'd love to hear it, or if a dev can provide any insight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the case of the the universal druid mod that gives all skills an 18+% chance to restore 15+ power, it can proc twice, meaning each instance of the mod rolls independently, and you can get 36 power.

With the Priest mod for remedy to cure broken bones, its the same thing, and I have a small chance to cure two broken bones because the % mods roll independently.

In the case of a % stun, or for staff with a % chance to trigger vulnerability, there's not a benefit to the action triggering twice, so you would just hurt the overall chance. However in some skills, like the ones listed above, it can be beneficial to have two separate triggers.

Hope this helps/answers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there is absolutely no reason to have the song of discord stun mod twice, assuming it behaves like you mentioned with it double-stunning the bad guys 5% of the time. That's good to know. Can anyone confirm? I've wasted a lot of time and phlog making sure I always had that mod doubled up, assuming it became more effective.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the impression it works as below,

If you have it twice , they can both fail, either one could proc, or possible but fairly unlikely both could work giving same result as 1 proc.

As in each is a 1 in 20 roll for a 5% proc chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I want to know: if each iteration of the mod gets its own roll. If so, having it twice is good. If not, having it twice is redundant.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Things that have a % chance to activate are pretty much always rolled separately. (Things that add a % of damage are a different story!) Having both mods that give a 5% chance to stun means you have two 5% chances. They can both trigger at the same time, which in this case does nothing (since double-stun isn't a thing). But the Heal Undead mod you mentioned works the same way, and you'd get two stacking mitigation buffs if they both rolled successfully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the answer! Exactly what I needed to hear.

Thread Footer