Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
That's all fine and dandy, and my point is exactly that if you don't enjoy it it is probably wise for you to go play something else instead of suggesting changes that destroy it for the rest of us.
I don't mean to sound confrontational, by the by. It's a pretty heated subject, and if you enjoy something all the more power to you.

But how does a developer decide which path to take when the player-base is divided over what's essentially core game-play? Don't get me wrong - it is what it is right now, but in the distant past it was something else. It's not just the economy, work orders, or crafting - there's been debates over the years over various things and there's no blanket solution.

All the same, how can you quantify an issue if people don't speak out against it? Would you rather players simply accept everything a developer does even if it's detrimental to the game in the long run? If so, the game will inevitably end up a graveyard. I (and presumably others) aren't looking to ruin the experience for you, but when there's a will there's a way - there's got to be a happy medium, right?

I've been playing on and off for.. maybe 5 years now? PG is just something I desperately want to play, I'm just not entirely sure I like the direction it's going. If I'm a minority here, then whatever, but I'd be happier having at least said my part.