Quote Originally Posted by Clip View Post
I have a lot of sympathy for the dev team. They are trying to entertain people ...
Yes, and then they have us whining on the forums about how we aren't entertained enough.

Just to be clear, I'm not unhappy with the game or the devs. I debated whether I should jump into this discussion at all since I haven't actually done the new content but well, I like talking and maybe I can add some viewpoints. The reason I haven't done the new content is that I checked my skills (capped, very near capped or around 50) and my money (can't afford a single 70+ skill unlock). It's largely a temporary problem - I drifted out of the game after an NPC training weekend and I'm just now trying to get back into it and haven't had time to restock money yet. Still, my enthusiasm for finally having the fae realm available is dampened somewhat by the idea of needing 4 times more effort to level past 70 than it took to get past 60, and I find myself increasingly planning my playtime for the weekend events that give me more cash or require me to spend less cash. Which, really, were a heavy part of my game planning before this latest patch already, and it kind of feels they shouldn't be.

Where I think it breaks down is when you get some aspect of the game that's effectively impossible unless you're constantly grouped. Gear farming at level 70 was an example, where GK elite runs were the only feasible way. (by a factor of 100x or more time investment). Grouping elites, the biggest problem is decomposing/phlogging and shoving stuff in crates as fast as piles up. If there was a way to advance solo at 20% the rate of groups, that'd be just fine, but this update probably takes bit of a step in the opposite direction.
I thought that was ok - I was able to do non-group content fine with the gear I had, so there wasn't really any need for me to worry about max-efficient gear. What frustrated me about GK is that I really wanted to learn Orcish and couldn't ( no, 5xp per rare drop from solo orcs doesn't count) , so I still can't talk to the orcs in New Prestonbule, and I know there's at least one NPC inside GK that I'm missing out on too. So, I'm really looking forward to getting to 80 because then I can maybe finally talk to those people.

How do you feel about only having to do the dungeon once, as opposed to having to run it repeatedly? If you can get the notoriety by joining a zerg run or good group, and then never have to repeat it, does that make it less bad than having it be a mandatory part of your daily play?
Well, that's rather the current system. I just don't like zergs or feeling like I'm being carried, so my personal choice has always been to wait to do group content until I can do it myself or with a group of 1-2 friends. (Possibly solution there could be just that I need to make new friends but I like setting my own play schedule and not having other people rely on me.) Anyway, I'm ok'ish waiting, it's just that it feels this patch added a new penalty to my wait and I don't really like that since there isn't any alternate way for me to get the training buff except to suck it up and zerg, and until I do that, I'll just be paying more than other people.

(Yes, yes, I'm a shameless mercenary and a glass half empty person, why do you ask? )

Quote Originally Posted by Cev View Post
Now I need other things then crédits to unlock my crafting skills ... Maybe build in the choice to pay all crédits instead of the new items ?
I'd expect the royal jelly to be offered for sale by other players, so you can buy it from them instead of farming it yourself. Right now, the prices are probably a bit crazy but once the update's been out for a while, it hopefully shouldn't be too bad.

That being said, I'm not sure I'm fond of the royal jelly idea myself - I found the bargain aspect of fire and ice magic to be somewhat annoying at times, and I don't really like the idea of all skills requiring a special item instead of just councils now. Still, I'm hoping that since it's just single item used for all skills, it won't be too rare or hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasc View Post
* "Tier" unlocks on all skills and abilities removed altogether (ie, the unlock for the right to continue earning experience) - this allows people to experience what they want, when they want, without risk of taking the hit to the pocket for the privilege

* The cost that was associated with the tier unlock, is re-distributed (added and spread evenly) to all abilites/recipies associated to that skill, within that tier. So if an unlock was 400k, and a skill had 10 new/upgraded abilities through that teir, each ability and/or skill has its own cost increased by 40k. The net cost for progressing fully through the tier is the same upon completion. This suits the casual as they can plan for more incremental upgrades, go at a slower pace, etc while still progressing through said tier, and the more involved player, perhaps one with bigger balances, doesnt feel any impact either, its all the same to them, just the cost spread over time rather than sudden lump sums.
This means ability costs for 1-50 would be unchanged, and jump considerably there after.
I like this. It would help my playstyle - I basically tend to lose interest in a skill once I can no longer level it. The current unlock system doesn't particularly bother me - I usually switch to another skill or alt once I'm capped, but I think I'd slightly prefer a capless system.

* Wider expansion of exp penalties. The reason for this is with the removal of the tier unlocks, there needs to be some form of "hand break", sorry a better term escapes me, to stop someone thats say, level 75 Combat, going back to say Rahu sewers, or similar, owning the content there as a way to progress with considerably reduced risk, and at the same time potentially spoiling the game experience of others in the zone who are appropriate tier.
Note this would just take form of an exp penalty, opportunity for drops etc remains unchanged, no EQ style "Trivial Loot" BS. This point is only intended to attempt to say to people "If you want to experience leveing in Fay Realm - Level in fay realm, or Gazluk. Dont expect to see full reward below level 60 content".
Mmm. This would be similar to the current crafting xp penalties. I'm on the fence about this - I feel the existing system is set up so that each level takes lots more xp to get, so while you could get full xp for lower levels, it doesn't really make sense to do that because doing the higher tier recipes ( or killing the higher tier mobs) is just more efficient. Adding a low-level xp penalty on top of that feels a bit weird. I'll see how the crafting xp shakes out - I don't really have an objection to the xp penalty system, it just seems a bit odd.