Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also just a warning for players. It seems that "BackFat"'s Mycology uncap training doesn't actually work. He'll gladly take your money and your jelly, but you won't actually uncap!

Make sure you don't get scammed by this pig! I've heard from some other players that it also didn't work for them, so be careful! His other training options are seem fine though, I can confirm the Endurance and survival instinct ones work at least.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It is indeed unintended that bonus levels affect XP drop-off. Another bug: hoplology, phrenology, and similar recipes are not supposed to have XP drop-off at all; they just got marked incorrectly in data, and will be fixed in the next hotfix or update we do.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    literally was saying when i logged in the other day for the first time in almost 2 years:

"power sure doesnt seem like an issue anymore. I could probably drop a basic attack for another main skill."

then after I did that:

"lets drop both. im modded to regain power when i use 2 abilities."

then after I did that I saw I still didnt have any issues. without using Mentalism.

"...yea this isnt gonna last much longer."
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just a reminder, while we appreciate seeing the feedback here, don't forget to report your feedback/bugs in game as well! Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did do some reports on this in game buuuuut....

Lethargy Puck does not have a curse message. The mechanism where he spawns adds is great, but the re-spawn trigger timer is a little low. Like a group walked over tombstones and aggroed it without realizing the adds were a thing.

The jelly system at first seems horrid. My piles of council makes me think of, 'water water everywhere but not an ounce to drink', and I know people with jellies and no council thinking similar things. Not sure what the balance is, but if I think paying ~4x jelly price for a nearly free skill might be a good option for those who are not great at earning council.
    quick edit, with added idea: the cheap council, expensive jelly option would be best if it was just for combat/trade skill level increases, and the cost of jellies increased per skill unlock, regardless if you used it or not.

The hives are the best way to get jellies, I'm not sure if its good or bad that we're all bumping heads to get them. I think it was smart to not add a dungeon in yet because way less people would be testing the hives! Some of the elite mobs from the hive instantly despawn after they die. There is enough time for the nearest person to open the body and see loot, but not enough time for anyone to loot. I hope the hive's niche is, groups that can't quite do the dungeon that does not exist yet. It's a good option as long as it's not the only option.

Midge is a major jerk. I can't get his 2nd quest because I said hi with fairy wings on me and my favor is forever 99/100. I can't give him items to favor him up either.

When you add more NPCs to the area, I think more solo quest might be helpful. Some people I know who don't love grouping are saying they are having a hard time earning jellies.

A lot changed with shield! I think the changes look great. It'll probably be ~6 months before I actually test it.
    Last edited by Mbaums; 08-27-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any gameplay value to the fairy chimes? My first impression was that it would be a bard bonus level. When I look at the skill in the skills and abilities window, it literally shows now bonus to anything at all and no stats increase of any kind.

Is there any value outside of the pure entertainment of playing them as far as gameplay goes?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Is there any gameplay value to the fairy chimes? My first impression was that it would be a bard bonus level. When I look at the skill in the skills and abilities window, it literally shows now bonus to anything at all and no stats increase of any kind.

Is there any value outside of the pure entertainment of playing them as far as gameplay goes?
    I guess it's at least one more instrument you can play in a band, for another % of gardening bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem with the new zone, which is a product of it being new to an existing world, is that I get nothing in the way of xp for endurance, or any weapons skills until AFTER I can favor the npcs.

With the rarity in drop items, and the constant deaths, I am going to be completely bored with this zone before I can actually get my favor up to train.

This would not be an issue to newer players as they can come to the new zone, early, and start to work on favor before their xp meters stop.

The power drain is ridiculous. What it essentially means is, as a trained high level warrior I can shoot 3 arrows before I an winded, 4 wheezing and 5 I basically pass out from exertion (then of course, die). What happens is, I get attacked by a troll, hit hi with 3-4 shots, he evades 2 of them, I am out of power. Now while I scramble to regen he heals fully, and now there is no way I can kill him because my power bar is at the bottom.
    Sounds like this world needs a major fitness program.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okeephe View Post
    My problem with the new zone, which is a product of it being new to an existing world, is that I get nothing in the way of xp for endurance, or any weapons skills until AFTER I can favor the npcs.

With the rarity in drop items, and the constant deaths, I am going to be completely bored with this zone before I can actually get my favor up to train.

This would not be an issue to newer players as they can come to the new zone, early, and start to work on favor before their xp meters stop.

The power drain is ridiculous. What it essentially means is, as a trained high level warrior I can shoot 3 arrows before I an winded, 4 wheezing and 5 I basically pass out from exertion (then of course, die). What happens is, I get attacked by a troll, hit hi with 3-4 shots, he evades 2 of them, I am out of power. Now while I scramble to regen he heals fully, and now there is no way I can kill him because my power bar is at the bottom.
    Sounds like this world needs a major fitness program.
    While I agree that everything feels a little, ‘brutal’ the right word right now?
    But I think it’s by design

Yes, I agree this new area is tough, and I understand the ‘no benefit right now’ problem, but I liken it to the game when you arrive on the newbie island, there’s a bit of ‘earn your right of passage’ about things

There are things that need addressing, if you look at the wiki, perhaps skills that fall under ‘other skills’ should have the jelly requirement removed or relaxed.

All that said, the content is new, and I think it’d be expected that things feel rough until players start to build a surplus of ‘barter drops’

I’m loving the mix between solo and group content this zone offers, and the difference offered in player progress between the two modes feels about right

I do think some favor requirements are a bit rough though
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I love the power change. As a battery built bard/druid, now the power regen from the song of resurgence and healing sanctuary with the power mods give me greater group value. As well as mentalism and other battery potential classes have more value. Perhaps you might try to seek those out in your group dynamics.

Thread Footer