Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the new zone is 'brutal', but if you prepare and adapt for it, then it becomes much easier.

(Please note: I use a max geared and level 70+ toon, so my experiences may not match yours)

There are 3 main things I have had to address:

Damage type
    Use Fire (with a healing secondary skill) - I have used Fire /Druid, Fire /BC and Archery /Druid mostly so far.
    e.g. Use Fire Arrow if you use Archery
    With Fire /Druid, I have soloed up to 5 non-elite mobs at once and can easily kill single non-elite mobs
    Without fire in my build (e.g. Archery without Fire Arrow), I usually die to a single troll
    Note: A Priest /Mentalism (fire build) worked, but was marginal whilst UA /Psychology (with fire Headbutt mods) got me killed in most fights

Mana
    By using top level food, snacks and flower buffs + mana regeneration spells, I have very few mana issues even when fighting multiple mobs at once

Flying:
    Flight makes the zone so much easier as you get to pick when and where you fight

Note on elite mobs:
    Currently these are too tough for me to solo and require a group - which is good as it indicates that the difficulty is about right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much agree with much of the above, I've been off work this week so have spent a lot of time here.

At first I felt the new skills were over priced to be honest but I'm slowly picking off a few. Not been able to afford any actual combat skill upgrades yet, it just seems better to get the trade skills and combat skill abilities first.
    Where like many I have bonus lvls in some cases even beyond lvl 80 you can in effect have almost all the combat skills abilities upgraded before you unlock the actual skill to raise it's lvls. By my understanding the actual Combat skillls provide very little extra especially if your already at 80 and can get in the new gear.
    This feels a little weird but it helps greatly to get a foothold in the area.

At times whilst in raven in my travel build which is only pockets and generic on shirt and pants, I have had some real nice scraps including soloing 3 different mobs at once a few times. This build is Shield Ment which doesn't offer fire really so is not enough for the trolls (except honey ones) but the other stufff with rage management via mods is doable. Slow and no where near efficient but fun none the less. I like the mob diversity greatly.

As Poulter says above the fact there is group content out there is good, those areas offer greater reward but are way beyond me in any set up.

I've been lucky enough to run all the hives many times now, and there variety is great I think the fact there is a few that are far easier is helpful. Though with a solid group and decent planning there all pretty comfortable doing with only the odd casualties. Often those are via the travel between the hives and the arrival of a train of followers.
    I was concerned at first also because of the hr cooldown and no visible timer. But even after a few days now the hive runs are slowing down and even 1 group being out on them is rarer let alone 2 trying to keep civil something that's frustrating for both groups no doubt.
    Thankfully the little community also helps, we know each other so tend not to get too pissy with one another normally, banter excluded of course. Though if the community was larger where you could survive without caring about others I'm not sure it would be a great model to be honest.

I have to say I still think the passage ways of WN are hellish for a lvl 50 dungeon though. I can still run that route and get to portal just about. I suppose it's the mix of pierce and fire needed to get an upper hand that's troubling for me solo there.
    Perhaps that long ago before the many changes there, the fact that you could solo the both floors with lvl 50 gear and abilities is what makes me feel that. Used to be a real challenge there solo, now it's not about ability it's just shear mob density I feel.

Overall I was not expecting any where near as much content as this update provided, well done.

I have mentioned before in a bug report and it may just be where I'm on for a much longer time currently. But when I start playing windowsplayer exe starts off at just over 2G but after 5hrs of playing this can climb to as much as 7G , at which point my 8G memory machine is pretty much done.
    A simple restart of the game fixes this fine.
    Last edited by Celler; 08-29-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious if there has been any analysis done of the projected playtime requirements needed to achieve certain things in this game. I know it would be soft data, as there isn't really any way to estimate guildies hooking you up, or getting lucky with a valuable drop. I'm just wondering what was envisioned in terms of progress and content access vs. play time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archery's aimed shot fixes most evasion issues. Seriously, if for some reason you werent using this before, do it now. Similarly, a flower brings me to around pre patch power levels. Though pound to slag requiring 162ish power is rough.

The variety of hive mobs is interesting. The toughest hives have electric and fire droaches, so if you're running a fire build, you're near worthless on the toughest mobs. Physical damage appears to reign supreme for hives.

Without a speed set, I would be toast. It depends on how you decide to implement mounts (as in, if the CD is too high for hives), but I might have to become a fucking filthy druid, which would be unfortunate.

We are dangerously close to the unfair territory of getting one shot. As in, it's starting to feel like GK troopers again. We aren't there yet, but I doubt another 50-60 armor will change that when I upgrade.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 100% positive I will get downvoted to oblivion for saying so... but you might want to consider resetting all crating skills due to the changes with xp penalties on spamming low level recipes. Before I continue with that thought I want to counter propose that you offer bonus xp for higher level recipes AND allow first time xp to stack with xp bonuses. I don't actually think you should reset skills but I think you might want to reinvent the xp curve for tradeskills.

To make a long story short there was a real problem with making the lowest level recipe that you can spam that gives the most xp for the cost of the materials. When you combine this with xp bonuses to crafting you could do absurd things with an hour's worth of buffs - such as grinding tailoring from 0 to 40 the first time and 40 to 60 the second time. Spamming the same recipe with bonuses made xp cheap and in some cases nearly free by vendoring the spam (or you could make absurd profits if you had an alt or three with industry).

The end result was that you could hoard materials that you got for free or purchased dirt cheap and turned them directly into xp. Combining this with work orders made the gain of skills like tailoring/leatherworking/carpentry/etc by far the most absurd way to gain money in this game (if you are willing to level up industry on alts or even better have a large guild who is interested in splitting profits from crafting). Now before we get out the pitchforks you have to remember that trade skills are expensive and annoying to learn so the money printing aspect is balanced by limited work orders per month.

But it seems unfair to change spamming now on the low end without greatly increasing the mid to high end xp combines. Previously you could for very easily raise tailor/leather/smithing/etc without bothering to learn most of the 30-60 recipes until you were going to make some of those for work orders later.
    It just wasn't worth the money to buy a new recipe for 100k for a one time xp combine bonus. But maybe those recipes should have been worth far more for each combine?

If the goal is to make people spend more time on trade craft you have done that with the spam xp nerf. They can still spam low level recipes with mats they get for near net cost and sell the resulting products to vendors they rarely use.

If the goal was to make people spend more money on leveling trade craft you could make mid-end tier recipes much more rewarding. What if for example recipes over 50 got a 50% crafting bonus for the second time you make that item? Combine this with a slight bump to mid tier crafting and suddenly crafting mid tier items becomes worth the increased price of materials. And this creates a speed bump effect where you have to have money to buy the recipe and the payout is being able to get a lot more xp for it.

Without a bit of balance you will just have people keep spamming because it is cheaper. Many of the mid/end tier recipes are not very spam friendly but most of the low tier recipes are. This to me also reflects that mid/end tier recipes should be worth more per combine.

Why bother farming rare mobs and trying for rare drops when I can just farm low level mats? There is no reason to craft 8 items at 1000 each if in the same time I can gather enough to make 1000 combines at 8 xp each. In theory they come out with the same result but there are a few things to consider.

1. Low level mats can often be bought off a vendor and the xp combine makes the initial farm price irrelevant
    2. If option A had you farm mobs for an hour to make 8 combines then option B would leave you with 50 minutes of grind mobs for 6 combines after you bought everything off the vendor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a change for the better, an alchemist that's lvl 50 and can only grind bones is frankly somewhat lame.

Using 3 alts to hand in work orders completed using another character seems to be currently allowed. Personally I wouldn't do it and doubt many would it feels to me the whole mechanic is being bypassed to gain extra profit. I assume if dev's felt it was an issue it would at sometime get addressed.

With the exception of combat skills I tend not to overly grind the skills, unless there is a recipe or something I want higher up or I'm trying to make a little coin.
    So to be honest much of the above post seems somewhat moot to me.
    It seems a little odd to spend hours making stuff I don't need now to reach a level cap, only to next week need something making and then get no exp for it.
    Each to there own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I welcome the change to crafting XP as it feels to me that whilst it was a valid strategy, crafting low level items repeatedly, didn't align with the 'spirit of the game'. This change forces crafters to be more inventive.

Admittedly, that is very much a personal opinion and everyone is entitled to her /his own position.

(I also feel the same way about the Staff spell 'Blocking Stance' that makes you immune to physical damage for 10 seconds.
    It is 'legal' in game, but makes things very boring if you can 2 or 3 shot kill mobs in under 10 seconds)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Lycanthropy ever have the option to raise skill to 80 through Norala tokens?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a question I wanna ask everyone here, but how do you guys feel about the elite's damage in the new zone? I know a lot of people don't have their level 80 gear/food/etc yet, but I wanted to ask anyways. (I also don't know if the elites were intended for level 80 players or well geared 70 players)

I have personally found it very hard to sustain damage with my tank build dedicated to reducing damage. Usually it's very risky for me to face-tank anything for longer than a few seconds, because the risk of a crit can kill me even from half health and even if I'm reducing incoming damage by half. That's not to say that I feel like my tanking set isn't doing anything, because I notice that non-tanky characters tend to die LUDICROUSLY fast (Usually 2 or 3 attacks to the stronger elites) so at least my tank set gives me a moment to realize I'm dying.

Do you guys think the damage in the new zone is a bit too high? My tanking set is definitely still very useful but... I feel a lot more like a distraction rather than a real tank because damage is so high that I usually have to kite more than I actually face enemies since I can't take too many attacks unless if I cheat with an immunity skill like elemental ward. Not only that, but I have found it incredibly dangerous to stay close to enemies because their rage attacks are so strong that even if I can tank them, my party members caught in the AoEs take massive damage.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but I'm not necessarily saying elite damage should be lowered as much as it would be nicer to have more mitigation available to players. One issue with some of the elites is that you can't really reduce their damage. Reducing the damage of fire mobs is pretty difficult but possible (My tank set is basically dedicated to it at this point), but the lightning mobs on the other hand are basically doing unmitigatable damage. Players still have the fire/lightning meditations but you can only pick one and it might just give you one extra hit before you die.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 08-30-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    Just a question I wanna ask everyone here, but how do you guys feel about the elite's damage in the new zone? I know a lot of people don't have their level 80 gear/food/etc yet, but I wanted to ask anyways. (I also don't know if the elites were intended for level 80 players or well geared 70 players)

I have personally found it very hard to sustain damage with my tank build dedicated to reducing damage. Usually it's very risky for me to face-tank anything for longer than a few seconds, because the risk of a crit can kill me even from half health and even if I'm reducing incoming damage by half. That's not to say that I feel like my tanking set isn't doing anything, because I notice that non-tanky characters tend to die LUDICROUSLY fast (Usually 2 or 3 attacks to the stronger elites) so at least my tank set gives me a moment to realize I'm dying.

Do you guys think the damage in the new zone is a bit too high? My tanking set is definitely still very useful but... I feel a lot more like a distraction rather than a real tank because damage is so high that I usually have to kite more than I actually face enemies since I can't take too many attacks unless if I cheat with an immunity skill like elemental ward. Not only that, but I have found it incredibly dangerous to stay close to enemies because their rage attacks are so strong that even if I can tank them, my party members caught in the AoEs take massive damage.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but I'm not necessarily saying elite damage should be lowered as much as it would be nicer to have more mitigation available to players. One issue with some of the elites is that you can't really reduce their damage. Reducing the damage of fire mobs is pretty difficult but possible (My tank set is basically dedicated to it at this point), but the lightning mobs on the other hand are basically doing unmitigatable damage. Players still have the fire/lightning meditations but you can only pick one and it might just give you one extra hit before you die.
    I think while gear will make a difference, another big part is simply awareness and organisation by the party as a single unit.
    Not just individual efforts.

I consider this patch more an expansion style content more so than just a cap increase.
    Think of past mmos where the initial ‘break through’ is tough, then as gear, level, consumables and all become more widespread and common, things will settle

I’d say stuff is tuned for lvls higher than 70.... not sure if it’s 80 though

People have been overgeared in lvl70 yellows so long now, FR arrives and it’s kind of a soft reset on things.

I have to admit I kind of like it.... I must be a little twisted

Has it been tried going with a stun heavy group? BC skins? Snares and ranged burns?
    I think there’s options, tuning may well come into it too, but too early to know yet
    Last edited by Lasc; 08-30-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Thread Footer