Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A minor bug and an optimization suggestion

First, the minor bug. I have noticed from time to time that the mouse pointer fails to revert to the basic pointer after it modifies for a special task. I have seen it do this multiple times, and seen the pointer as multiple incorrect types while it should be the standard pointer.

Second, the optimization suggestion:

Inventory stacks appear to be depleted after searching from top-to-bottom, left-to-right. This will frequently leave small stacks in place, adding to inventory complexity.

As an example of this which is easily repeatable. collect 19 bottles of water. Create dirt-based fertilizer three times.

You will end up with the following stack progression:

1) Water: 5:5:5:4

Make fertilizer

2) Water 1:5:4 / Fertilizer 5:4

Now, use 4 fertilizer

3) Water 1:5:4 / Fertilizer 1:4

As you can see, we now require 5 inventory stacks, where there is only a need for 3.

This is not a 'bug' but it does have the potential to increase inventory handling requirements for the server, and it also has the potential to irritate players by generating lots of extra stacks.

I would suggest the following solution(s)

Solution 1: Always draw from the smallest stack of an item.

Solution 2: Auto-arrange stacks in a specific order based on stack size, and then draw from the stacks in the inverse order. For instance, if you auto-arrange stacks from left to right, largest stack to smallest stack, then draw from stacks right to left, so the smallest stacks will be depleted first.

I think Solution 1 is the cleanest solution, as it doesn't matter how stacks are arranged in inventory if the picks are managed by stack size and no other variable. Solution 2 would not draw from the smallest stacks if the player were to manually re-arrange them.

All that said, I must say I am enjoying the game! Thank you!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to report bugs and submit suggestions via the (!) tab in game for it to be added to a queue for admin consideration!

Thread Footer