Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exploration & Cartography event in Gazluk Keep, Sunday 21st

People that were playing when GK was added to the game perhaps remember how we explored the zone, in huge raids of veteran players trying to fight their way through orcs, spiders, snails and other dwellers there.

Since then most of the rooms having nothing interesting in them have been left alone, never to be visited again, and a lot of people active now have never seen them either.

Also, with the introduction of the Cartography skill, there is at least a reason, albeit minor, to get there once again. And with level 80 around the corner, it is to be expected that GK will never the playground it is today.

So I'm looking for people that would be, like me, interested in mapping the entire zone for completeness or just interested in exploring something they have never seen. If we can start a group of 6 (at least) including a druid (for the damn Observers), of well-geared people ready to spend a few hours in GK, I believe we can do it.

Note that Cartography XP gained during the event should be preserved up to the release. As far as I know, the current plan is to keep your percentage of cleared fog squares even if a map is redone, and that would only happen to outdoor areas. Of course everything is "subject to change", but that's my best intelligence.

I would like to suggest we do that next Sunday at 3 PM EST (9 PM CET, 11 AM AEST?), starting at GK entrance. If we're more than 6 we will create groups as balanced as possible, decide for a group order (G1, G2 etc.) and roll who will pull since only one group gets the loot. We would alternate pullers after each boss.

I plan to visit GK as follow:

1. 1st level, SE then SW areas in deserted rooms, clearing clockwise, and leaving Gur-Ache and Bearkhorse areas as the last one visited.
    2. Recall and clear the rest of 1st level, west then east. We would kill Stolen War Golem, Death Priest, pay a visit to Melandria and finish the north side with Healing-Suit tester.
    3. Clear to 2nd level through the long westward tunnel.
    4. Clear to Gazluk Cluthmaster, then back.
    5. Clear the whole 2nd level, counter-clockwize (SE, NE, NW, SW) to finish with Arkura and finally Zukelmux the Intransigeant, with all the stamina we still have left.

I will call for 10 minutes breaks at various safe spots when we reach them.

If you want to join, no need to post here, just show up. But don't forget to bring five hours worth of food, and a decent amount of diamonds for rezzes. People that want this to succeed will also bring Eternal Greens and other self-rezz tricks, so *never* release your tombstone or you will be left behind.

Hopefully I have everything covered, but suggestions are welcome. Hope to see you there!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds fun, I'll try to pop in for sure! Will be nice to do a "final" full tour of the dungeon for content before the new update.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Update: we had a bit more of a group and explored the entire first floor.

Thread Footer