Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: On Surveying
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Surveying

Hi all,

This is really a broad query as opposed to a suggestion or anything. But Surveying being back in vogue now with Clip's new tool (cudos)

1) Are some gem yields rarer than others, or is it simply a mental thing much like the % chance in say transmutation?

I ask as it 'feels' like when doing green surveys for instance, Peridots seem much more difficult to generate fresh surveys for than say Malachite or Tourmaline.
    I've been doing my surveys lately in batches of 90, and getting curiously low instances of some gems. May well be bad end of RNG, may not...

2) Bonus yields - Are these intended to be completely random? should they be 'offset' from being of the same colour yield? should they always be the same colour yield? Im satisfied any which way, but just curios if there's any kind of mechanism at play that influences the bonus result. (save for green glass.... burn em all...)

Thanks
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lasc!

Not sure about the first part, but here's some guesses/numbers on bonuses:

- They are per zone, (green and blue for Serbule, white and orange for Eltibule) and they don't seem to care what your survey map is for.
    - High levels of geology seem to add a small chance to get rare gems. I've seen Sapphire, Tiger's Eye, Turquoise, Danburite, and Sunstone as bonuses so far.

550 bonuses in Serbule yielded the following 888 bonus gems.

Amethyst 95 10.7%
    Azurite 79 8.9%
    Blue Spinel 59 6.64%
    Fluorite 110 12.39%
    Lapis Lazuli 97 10.92%
    Obsidian 84 9.46%
    Aquamarine 42 4.73%
    Bloodstone 46 5.18%
    Malachite 38 4.28%
    Peridot 29 3.27%
    Tourmaline 36 4.05%
    Tsavorite 50 5.63%
    Rare/Other 8 0.9%
    Green Glass 115 12.95%

Without dusting off my stat book and embarrassing myself with an amateur significance calculation, I'd guess at a few conclusions:

- Blue seems about twice as likely as green for Serbule survey bonuses.
    - Horrible evil spirits bury green glass, a synthetic material, in geologic formations.
    - I keep burying little rocks that I have painted Ormorek's name on (with little heart-shapes ❤️ for O's), but none have shown up in subsequent surveys. I'll keep trying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting numbers....

I usually do rubywall Serbule and Orange and Green in eltibule.

Geo and surveying both well and truely maxed.

I've not counted, but can see from my balances in storage (save for Tourmaline, been giving those to a guildie in prep for lvl 80)

Green:
    Peridot seems the rarer of the greens

Orange:
    Citrine and Topaz seem the rarer (Sardonyx and Carnelian i seem to not have trouble with)

I dont do blue surveys as i run sword/archery/BC/Psy combinations, and all are either orange or green.

If i do rubywalls @ about 90 per run i get ~200-210 rubywall (its approx 2 per survey, extras come from bonus x3 rubywall instances), 20-30 green glass, then smatterings of the rest (inclusing usually 10-15 each of amethyst and aquamarine)
    So generally, rubywall chasing satisfies my portal stone requirements for a week or two.

It does seem like the rarities is a thing though. Im not sure its a mistaken case of praying harder to RNGesus
    Last edited by Lasc; 07-10-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Thread Footer