Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    The fact is that since the cheesemaking cap was raised last update, cheese right now is the BEST food/snack in the game. I hit lvl 62 cheesemaking and use Grasgot cheese for my meal and Provolone cheese for my stack. They have crazy good stats (+max health and power, and in-combat regen). So the idea that it's just some endgame bragging right is no longer accurate, even though this may have been true a few weeks ago.

With this new information, perhaps the current stomach drop rate makes a little more sense. That said, I'd welcome any increase in the drop rate
    There are some bugs with the high end cheeses that make them rather more powerful than they should be right now. (In particular, stacking is mucked up for cheeses vs. other foods.) There are a number of lower-level recipe bugs, too. Once we get some of those ironed out, we'll take a look at stomachs. I definitely hear you, though - I hear a lot about stomachs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    I'm really hoping cattle farming is more of an abstract game in itself. [...]
    Don't quote me on this (yet), but I am pretty sure that is Citan's goal with animal husbandry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srand View Post
    There are some bugs with the high end cheeses that make them rather more powerful than they should be right now. (In particular, stacking is mucked up for cheeses vs. other foods.) There are a number of lower-level recipe bugs, too. Once we get some of those ironed out, we'll take a look at stomachs. I definitely hear you, though - I hear a lot about stomachs.
    Is there any chance crafting will get a coding/balancing passes in the near furture? We have lots of areas. Weapon skills and equipment/mods both got recent passes. The GUI is on the way. Crafting hasn't gotten any focused attention in a while and there are a lot of responses on the old forums that say "Yeah, we know 'x' is a problem, it won't get fixed till crafting gets a pass".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as cheese making is concerned I don't feel that the drop rates for stomachs are the primary issue with the skill instead I feel that the output per recipe is simlpy to low. If each recipe yield was increased (even to 2 per recipe) this would make the balance better. Increasing the output product would also lessen milk need, and if that was not plausible option it seems that an increase in milk used per recipe would still be better than burning up one stomach per cheese. The ingredient cost and time input per recipe isn't balanced with the product output.

Grinding to increase cheese making level higher results in a lot of extra cheese that a cheese maker struggles to get rid of. Since a player is better off trying to obtain this skill later on in the game all the lower recipe cheese are not generally worth the buff. The time and effort put into making the cheese makes the cost per piece either A) Very unrealistically high per piece for a other players to buy -OR- B) Unrealistically to high priced for the maker just to give away to friends or guild members. A slight increase in production would also help to make a player market for cheese by lowering the price of player sold stomachs and increasing the player economy by providing all a sensible snack buff. This further reinforces that fact that not every player will want to do every single skill and will help increase the demand for skill/craft specialization ( I have heard mention of certain craft skill specializations such as blacksmith), as well as helping to create a player market and economy not just for cheese but also for other crafts/skills. There will always be people who are willing to purchase another players goods so they can continue with their own grind or skill/craft.

I understand that this IS a fantasy game, BUT one thing I find unique about this game is that many skills and experiences have ties to real life situations (IE: eating to maintain energy, the complex and detailed needing this to make that, cold damage, dehydration, etc). This being said it seems very unrealistic for me to think that after making a big block of cheese that I would consume it all in a single setting (or as a snack). Considering that Gorgonites running around eating big blocks of cheese as a snack its no wonder there has not yet been a bathroom skill implemented, lol.

Overall, I like the idea of cheese making. It seems to me the direction of things has been leading players to cooking primarily for meal buffs, and cheesemaking primarily for snack buffs. One thing I like about Project Gorgon is that you have to put some work into accomplishing good and beneficial things, although I do feel that this skill could use a small bump in benefit or outcome. Thank you!
    -LaRaj
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaj View Post
    As far as cheese making is concerned I don't feel that the drop rates for stomachs are the primary issue with the skill instead I feel that the output per recipe is simlpy to low. If each recipe yield was increased (even to 2 per recipe) this would make the balance better. Increasing the output product would also lessen milk need, and if that was not plausible option it seems that an increase in milk used per recipe would still be better than burning up one stomach per cheese. The ingredient cost and time input per recipe isn't balanced with the product output.
    For people trying to level the skill the drop rate for stomachs is the problem as you need one stomach per "batch" of cheese. For leveling what you count is how many crafting transactions you have to complete before you gain a level. The only fixes for this are to increase xp per craft (or reduce the lower tiers of the xp table), to make it easier for lower skill players to get stomachs, or to provide a more common source of rennet for leveling that doesn't work with high quality cheeses.

Once you have a decent skill level (at your gourmand level or at least "close enough") then output becomes the problem (which is what you're talking about).

I think we're reporting from two different perspectives (leveling vs being leveled), but we're both saying the same thing.
    Last edited by Eachna; 02-18-2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: rephrapsing a thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When i was leveling cheese i thought i viable option to the stomach shortages would be to add extra barter combinations to Yalox in goblin dungeon. A you have to butcher to get a stomach more than 75 % time you get the wrong organ when you do manage to get a organ drop, would have been nice to be able to exchange 2 for 1 like you can with all the other organs at yalox.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awatu View Post
    When i was leveling cheese i thought i viable option to the stomach shortages would be to add extra barter combinations to Yalox in goblin dungeon. A you have to butcher to get a stomach more than 75 % time you get the wrong organ when you do manage to get a organ drop, would have been nice to be able to exchange 2 for 1 like you can with all the other organs at yalox.
    I agree with you Awatu, would make other organs more useful and valuable as well. Great idea!
    -LaRaj
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. I'll put your post contents into a Suggest report!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Ice Conjuration is a great alternative to Cheesemaking.
    Sushi making as well.
    Don't forget how wonderful Cooking is.

So many options and all are very, very great.
    None of skills trees have anything to do with the issues with Cheesemaking.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    None of skills trees have anything to do with the issues with Cheesemaking.
    ...Except they also make snacks and are good sources of alternate things to do, as well as alternate things to eat.

Thread Footer