Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
    I have a moderately awkward question, any idea where the ChatLog is on linux system?
    I don't have PG installed on a linux system, but my guess would be something like
    home/<user>/.elder game/ ...

(Folders starting with a dot are usually hidden by default. You will need to show hidden files/folders to see these).

Have you tried searching the filesystem for a folder named ChatLogs or searching for the filename? The files get named (at least on windows) things like
    Chat-19-11-07.log

You could also probably type something in chat (so that it's logged) and then search your system for files that were recently changed.
    Last edited by alleryn; 11-07-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clip View Post
    Oooh, thank you, that's a great idea! I was messing around with grids of numbers on the right side of the tool window to try to figure out how to undo map removal if you mis-clicked. It hadn't occurred to me to renumber the unchecked ones, and then the blue checked maps also work as the undo mechanism.

Thanks! I will definitely try that..
    After i posted, i started thinking about the un-toggling situation. It had me concerned for a bit, but i think that part should be easy enough too.

There are probably multiple sensible ways to handle this but here's what i would do:

On toggle: Decrement the label of all pins (red and blue) that have a (strictly) larger label than that of toggled pin.
    On un-toggle: Increment the label of all pins (blue and red) which have label > that of toggled pin, and all red pins which have label = that of toggled pin (really there should only ever be at most one red pin like this).

[Note: There are situations where something like toggle A --> toggle B --> untoggle A --> untoggle B will flip the order, but i think this ultimately makes sense. (You can think of it as the user removing A then B from the inventory, then putting A back in, followed by B. Naturally things would flip. I guess if you are familiar with push/pop on stacks this may seem obvious i'm not really sure). But as long as the user uses 'undo' in the 'right' order (toggle A toggle B untoggle B untoggle A) the order will be preserved.]

I tried to create an example for why i think these increment/decrement operations make sense, but i think it just made things more confusing. Feel free (anyone really) to message me here on the forum, or on the Gorgon's Head Discord (i'm alleryn there as well) if you're looking for someone to bounce ideas off or anything.

Thanks again, Clip for putting the work in on this. It's making surveying a real breeze compared to trying to sort surveys "by hand".

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
    I have a moderately awkward question, any idea where the ChatLog is on linux system?
    Edit: Now that I checked, the correct path is ~/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon as Chilton already discovered.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-07-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!
    Thanks guys that was helpful, I found it under home/config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/Chatlog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    After i posted, i started thinking about the un-toggling situation. It had me concerned for a bit, but i think that part should be easy enough too.

There are probably multiple sensible ways to handle this but here's what i would do:
    Thank you for the great idea! I've added it to the tool, for regular surveys. (If it helps, all the code does is overwrite all the labels after any change, labeling visited ones with an X, and unvisited ones with the count so far.)

I'm glad the tool is useful, and I'm sorry I was slow to add your improvement idea! It really was less than an a hour to apply, the real value was in you having the good idea for how it should work.

On, to another announcement, in the absence of any violent complaints from the beta testers, the tool now has:

MOTHERLODE SUPPORT!

In the "Chat Logs" tab, you can now choose between "Regular Map" mode and "Motherlode" For motherlodes, you get two text areas to paste in your survey distances. So, go to two places on the map, do all your motherlode surveys in the same order on both places, paste the resulting logs into the two text windows, and click "Find Survey Locations"

On the map window, you will have two little markers to drag around. Put their noses on the point where you did the survey. Depending on where you did your surveys, there might be two possible points triangulated for a motherlode. One easy way to minimize this is to do both surveys a ways apart on the same map edge.

When I originally made this tool, my criteria for success was that I could swim out to a motherlode in Kur, sink to the bottom, and always get to the motherlode on the first try. For a while I bought random motherlode maps in shops, and they usually ended up being out in the Kur ocean. Early versions of trying to triangulate had a lot more freezing and drowning than mining. It turns out you need to measure the map sizes very very precisely to get the triangulation right.

With the measurements dialed in, it's been working for me, so please report here if the tool doesn't hit that level of quality for you.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Works great! Cut my time sorting surveys down at least by half, i'd say. Can't thank you enough!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started using this today and it's wonderful. I've been able to do 100 surveys from purchasing inks/parchments to collecting them all within 35 mins. 5 mins of crafting/5min of gathering text/25 mins to collect them all. This has cut my time more than in half. Thank you!

My tips are:

1) Separate each group of 10 maps in my inventory with a single Rubywall Crystal. For each sequential set of 10 maps, use an additional Rubywall Crystal, that way I can quickly know where my 44th map is by counting 4 maps to the right of my 4-stack Rubywall Crystal.

2) Survey all the maps by enabling in your GUI "Single-click Items to Use them." This makes clicking through 100 surveys fairly quick.

3) Move in a circular motion around the map.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for trying it! I'm glad this continues to be useful. Single click is a good idea! I often miss one or accidentally use one twice and that would make that mistake less common.

Thread Footer