Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys that was helpful, I found it under home/config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/Chatlog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    After i posted, i started thinking about the un-toggling situation. It had me concerned for a bit, but i think that part should be easy enough too.

There are probably multiple sensible ways to handle this but here's what i would do:
    Thank you for the great idea! I've added it to the tool, for regular surveys. (If it helps, all the code does is overwrite all the labels after any change, labeling visited ones with an X, and unvisited ones with the count so far.)

I'm glad the tool is useful, and I'm sorry I was slow to add your improvement idea! It really was less than an a hour to apply, the real value was in you having the good idea for how it should work.

On, to another announcement, in the absence of any violent complaints from the beta testers, the tool now has:

MOTHERLODE SUPPORT!

In the "Chat Logs" tab, you can now choose between "Regular Map" mode and "Motherlode" For motherlodes, you get two text areas to paste in your survey distances. So, go to two places on the map, do all your motherlode surveys in the same order on both places, paste the resulting logs into the two text windows, and click "Find Survey Locations"

On the map window, you will have two little markers to drag around. Put their noses on the point where you did the survey. Depending on where you did your surveys, there might be two possible points triangulated for a motherlode. One easy way to minimize this is to do both surveys a ways apart on the same map edge.

When I originally made this tool, my criteria for success was that I could swim out to a motherlode in Kur, sink to the bottom, and always get to the motherlode on the first try. For a while I bought random motherlode maps in shops, and they usually ended up being out in the Kur ocean. Early versions of trying to triangulate had a lot more freezing and drowning than mining. It turns out you need to measure the map sizes very very precisely to get the triangulation right.

With the measurements dialed in, it's been working for me, so please report here if the tool doesn't hit that level of quality for you.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Works great! Cut my time sorting surveys down at least by half, i'd say. Can't thank you enough!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started using this today and it's wonderful. I've been able to do 100 surveys from purchasing inks/parchments to collecting them all within 35 mins. 5 mins of crafting/5min of gathering text/25 mins to collect them all. This has cut my time more than in half. Thank you!

My tips are:

1) Separate each group of 10 maps in my inventory with a single Rubywall Crystal. For each sequential set of 10 maps, use an additional Rubywall Crystal, that way I can quickly know where my 44th map is by counting 4 maps to the right of my 4-stack Rubywall Crystal.

2) Survey all the maps by enabling in your GUI "Single-click Items to Use them." This makes clicking through 100 surveys fairly quick.

3) Move in a circular motion around the map.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for trying it! I'm glad this continues to be useful. Single click is a good idea! I often miss one or accidentally use one twice and that would make that mistake less common.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A huge thank you to the Rowen Trading guild from myself and the rest of the Asheron's Legacy guild for creating the Project Gorgon Survey Helper. It saves time and takes so much of the pain out of surveying. Your efforts are appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, first post here. Just found out about your tool been using it. I really like it, and I think it's a phenomenal tool, thank you for your development.

I wanted to suggest something, and I don't normally post things so I hope it's actually useful. But I've been setting my inventory to rows of 10, so that was each row has a easy column to count to. My suggestion would be if say I started my surveys, and had 100 maps. If I started on 85, click 85 then have 86-100 move down, so 86 would become 85, 87 would be 86, so on and so forth. I have no idea if that's actually possible, but would speed things up tremendously if it was. That way you could always know the location of the map in you inventory relative to the location on the map. Hope that's useful, thanks for the tool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    ... If I started on 85, click 85 then have 86-100 move down, so 86 would become 85, ...
    If I understand your request correctly, that can be done by ticking the Optional Renumbering checkbox on the Map tab. As you collect maps, click the red number for them on the map - they will turn blue and the remaining location numbers will update. It can sometimes be tricky if you have maps right next to each other and you click the wrong one, but in general it really helps!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Edit: Oops didn't see there was another page to this thread, and missed Tamiq's post. I just repeated what was already said

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    Hello, first post here. Just found out about your tool been using it. I really like it, and I think it's a phenomenal tool, thank you for your development.

I wanted to suggest something, and I don't normally post things so I hope it's actually useful. But I've been setting my inventory to rows of 10, so that was each row has a easy column to count to. My suggestion would be if say I started my surveys, and had 100 maps. If I started on 85, click 85 then have 86-100 move down, so 86 would become 85, 87 would be 86, so on and so forth. I have no idea if that's actually possible, but would speed things up tremendously if it was. That way you could always know the location of the map in you inventory relative to the location on the map. Hope that's useful, thanks for the tool
    Already implemented! (See further up in this thread). Click the checkbox on the Survey Helper page where it says:
    Optional Renumbering:
    Check to renumber surveys, removing the ones that are toggled. (Regular surveys only)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My oh my I am blind, thank you both

Thread Footer