Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

World boss event feedback

(Also sent in-game)

This is feedback about the event that took place this week-end: killing bosses (five of them) spawning around the world.

The location and availability of these bosses was fine, I think. Not in the way (unless you're surveying) and yet easily reachable, including Gazluk, with some preparation.

I personally disliked the aoe pushback effect on George since I was playing sword for this one. Many times, I would just not be able to get close enough to hit him. But with better organisation that can be avoided, I guess.

One thing that in my opinion needs to be changed, is adds staying after the boss is dead. You could make them poof on victory. It's not a big deal of they stay and we have to kill them, however they should not respawn, not until the boss is up again, because:
    . We can't loot chests while in combat, and that's annoying in the case of Zukelmux, with adds too close to chests.
    . You can farm them while the boss is not up, for loot (in Ilmari) or anatomy XP (Gazluk).

The reward was nice. I may be wrong, but it felt like the bonus reward was on the first kill, not the third. That was the only time I was encumbered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about the adds being too close to the treasure chests. I really enjoyed playing with a large group without having an instance. Didn't have to group up either, just run on up and start fighting.

The only bug I noticed was that I retained Zukelmax's curse after he was defeated. I died during the battle but I was alive when jackencola came in and saved the day (Zuke needed adjusting). I sent a bug report but nothing so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be best to avoid mobs with niche resistances. Zuke, at least when he had full/normal rage crit healing, depended solely on how many fire/ice you had there. In the one fight I went to with a full autopsy, the players I knew that were on fire/ice did 400k-870k damage. The highest non fire/ice was 200k, I think. Basically, you needed a few well modded players of a single class combination to kill Zuke reliably, and not everyone has multiple class combinations with 55+ mods.

I only went to one after Jack adjusted them and I think he made an adjustment so that we got a full autopsy. If he (Jack) did something here thank you, and it would be nice if you were able to to that for all of the uber hp mobs you spawn. Gotta compare the epeens.
    Last edited by Ranperre; 07-02-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C+P'd from another thread: This weekend event was a good example (of the great community aspect in PG). I didn't need any loot, but it was genuinely a good time to get players from different walks of life together for a common cause. The biggest frustration related to OP was trying to get big groups of players together (especially for the final boss) with a small-er population online.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I liked the event, even though I didn't get the chance to do absolutely everything in it.

I would love to see it return as a permanent thing in some form. Like rare spawning enemies (Ex. Only spawning every few days) that patrol wide areas of the map to make them harder to find. Give them a ton of health and no loot lock to encourage players to gang up on them and it could be a very fun addition to the game!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    I liked the event, even though I didn't get the chance to do absolutely everything in it.

I would love to see it return as a permanent thing in some form. Like rare spawning enemies (Ex. Only spawning every few days) that patrol wide areas of the map to make them harder to find. Give them a ton of health and no loot lock to encourage players to gang up on them and it could be a very fun addition to the game!
    This reminds me a lot of how Olugax spawned during pre-Alpha treasure hunts (not sure if he has been turned off or the chance to spawn is just incredibly low), but my first week in game it was a big thrill to join up with a mob of other new players to take him on in Eltibule. The surprise of big bosses out in the wilds felt like there was an element of real danger to adventuring throughout Alharth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zukelmux right outside Gaz Keep was a trip for sure.
    🗡️Sharp knives🗡️ and 💔hurtful words💔
    YouTube: insult&stab
    Twitch: sausagejavelins

Thread Footer