Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Thread: The Zerg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I agree with a lot of the general concerns in the thread but I actually decided I don't like the word "zerg" to describe the problem.

The problem, I think is OVERGEARED and OVERLEVELED players.

If 7-8 level appropriate people want to get through a boss or remove a curse from someone that's seems fine to me.

The problem is when you get even 1-2 overpowered players in the middle of the group. DPS tanking because lolololol.

That RUINS the experience.

A mass of players of appropriate level that loses the first 3 tanks is part of the fun/failure.

Solution-

I would be more inclined to just turn off loot drops if your gear and level score is too high.

Give them a status like you do when people have 2 skills mismatched in level.

"Why am I not getting any drops? Oh I'm overgeared... maybe I'll switch to my offspec or downlevel my skills and gear a bit, but gosh I'll have to play a little better"

That would be the best result in my estimation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have read, instancing is not supported by the game engine. To me that makes the talk of instances moot.

I've played two MMOs prior to P:G, almost extreme ends of several axes of design. EQ2 (set classes/defined roles/multiple shards/rare pvp/heavily instanced) and EVE Online (no classes/skill based/single shard/no instances/pvp anywhere). I feel to make this work well without instancing there will need to be a -lot- more zones available so that people can spread out and not crowd each other. Maybe some mechanism that allows small level-appropriate (to the parent zone) dungeons to spawn at random? A couple minutes after the chest at the end is looted, zone despawns.

Thread Footer