Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The new unarmed equipment (that buffs evasion) explicitly states that you must be using Unarmed, of course. And if it isn't working as listed, PLEASE report that, as it is obviously a bug. And if it wasn't listed that way (which it is), THAT would be a bug, too. Obviously. At least I think it should be pretty obvious... okay, I guess it isn't obvious to other people, so let me put it another way:

If you find something insanely out-of-whack from the norm, which doesn't mention being unusual, it's probably a bug and it would be really helpful if you reported it. For instance, if literally ALL skill-specific gear requires the skill to be active, and a powerful new piece of skill-specific gear showed up without that requirement, the first thought shouldn't be "I guess this piece of gear is going into ALL my skill set builds forever! Nice!" but rather "That's a bug, I should help Eric make the game work by reporting it."

I'm not talking about when something is EXPLICITLY different, such as the special fireball abilities that say they can be used even when Fire Magic isn't active. I'm talking about things that don't say that they're breaking the general rules, but are. If it's not explicitly an exception to the general rule, then ... it's probably a bug.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!
    I think I'm happy with the UA changes. If you looked at it before, it seemed difficult to imagine how they would scale the skill to ~125. Something needed to be done with the class, and I think I like these changes because my UA setup still tanks well. The bodyslam people probably have something different to say tho!

Quote Originally Posted by cozycats View Post
    -IF I dodge 5 attacks in a row without attacking...my next attack could possibly be a 1 shot on a boss. I do not remember seeing anything about not stacking or time limits, just "your next attack".
    It only stacks once, but it's still a huge damage increase. I kind of gave up on thinking my tank setup could do real damage before. I'm actually able to kill things now! I am shocked this mod works on all attacks and not just melee attacks, and I think I would be okay if they changed that part.

There is a lot of Telkan's talk: I think the highest Telka's Teeth are too rare to farm, but so many people just sell them to vendors. I think 1 player can't farm enough to keep it active all the time. They'll need to buy it from other players or buy it from the used tab. I think once people figure out there is a market for them, the used tab potions are going to dry up. If you wanted to make it less forgiving, you could make re-freshing the drug not remove the debuff. But I still dont imagine this is going to be something players are going to reroll for. And Yaffy is right that there is a weird way to get this buff on an animal. A bug report has been submitted for it. But I get that it's a no go. For example, eco-location drops when you are no longer a bat, but Telkan's does not drop when you are no longer a rakkie (under some rare circumstances that I'm not going to spell out for everyone).

One thing I am looking forward for is drinking and tanking. The only people that I've seen drink so far just do it to raise the skill or just dabble in the art of booze. No commitment from these folks! I was going to mess around with some beers to raise my armor by ~200, but I think melee avoidance buff is going to be much more interesting. The downside is... if I maintain a buzz for an entire dungeon the shakes debuff might become an issue (as it should).

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've patched a bug that caused some bosses to be unable to spawn portals (or do other things) when they die.

There's another bug I've seen reported a couple times which I can't reproduce in a development environment: some people are seeing no clue-runes in War Caches, the little plates are just empty. If this happens to you, please try relogging and seeing if that fixes it. And whether or not that fixes it, please let us know in a bug report! Please report the results of your experiment whether it fixes it or not. That'll help me understand what sort of problem it is. Thanks!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    One thing I am looking forward for is drinking and tanking. The only people that I've seen drink so far just do it to raise the skill or just dabble in the art of booze. No commitment from these folks! I was going to mess around with some beers to raise my armor by ~200, but I think melee avoidance buff is going to be much more interesting. The downside is... if I maintain a buzz for an entire dungeon the shakes debuff might become an issue (as it should).
    On this off-topic subject, I have max Alcohol Tolerance, and currently my buffer of choice would be a +86 Armor from a barrel of Bourbon, but it only lasts 15mn and is not sustainable without adding several layers of drunkiness cure. I don't consider the buff worth the trouble of sustaining it, or even having it for a boss fight unless the fight is planned (since it takes an inventory slot to carry the barrel). Maybe this option will be more attractive in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion again is to lower the required levels on the lower ends of the events so that people under level 50 in combat skills do not have to be carried thru every dungeon.
    In the grand scheme of things, players spend infinitely more time with a combat skill maxed then not. With that in mind it seems like a massive waste of time to cater experiences to what will I evitabley an extremely small minority of players.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    On this off-topic subject...
    Y'know, its a little on topic and a little off topic. These are all skills that share an ecosystem of sorts. Alcohol has a really good drug-curse, I'm hoping with beer I can get away with using the sober-up skill every so often I can manage using at least 2-clicks of Hegemony Lager long term in GK. When you look at it like, you are 30-levels above bourbon and you get wrecked, I imagine I'll find myself needing to be selective with my sips.

Random idea:Maybe Eric should add PCP or bath salts causing the player to yell at people and remove articles of clothing at random.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    I think I'm happy with the UA changes. If you looked at it before, it seemed difficult to imagine how they would scale the skill to ~125. Something needed to be done with the class, and I think I like these changes because my UA setup still tanks well. The bodyslam people probably have something different to say tho!

It only stacks once, but it's still a huge damage increase. I kind of gave up on thinking my tank setup could do real damage before. I'm actually able to kill things now! I am shocked this mod works on all attacks and not just melee attacks, and I think I would be okay if they changed that part.
    So it doesn't stack and UA has to be active to get evasion.

The buff works no matter what your next attack is.

I am still wondering about the next attack conditionals...I might decide to make sure I get a dodge and kill a wimp mob using pets...change my set up to my most powerful attack and use the buff on my first attack on a Boss while keeping UA active.

I have never tried to farm Telka's Tails before but I do know I manage to get a decent amount of them the short times I have hunted Beggars in Rahu. I might keep a record this weekend to see what kind of drop rate I get if other people haven't made any reports.
    Last edited by cozycats; 06-27-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, players spend infinitely more time with a combat skill maxed then not. With that in mind it seems like a massive waste of time to cater experiences to what will I evitabley an extremely small minority of players.
    My argument is that new and lower level players LIKE to be able to participate in these events. Many players during the events I have participated in have complained in chat about their being too low leveled to do any part of many of these quests by themselves. I myself find that even my combat skills running between 40 and 50 can not handle anything involving most of the Serbule dungeons alone. Many of us like to take our time leveling everything including non-combat skills because we are in it for the journey and not the destination and boredom after maxing everything quickly.

When low level players become a "extremely small minority of players", I think our Dev's and Admin's will start worrying about the longevity of the game because if there are no new players the game has died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My argument is that new and lower level players LIKE to be able to participate in these events. Many players during the events I have participated in have complained in chat about their being too low leveled to do any part of many of these quests by themselves. I myself find that even my combat skills running between 40 and 50 can not handle anything involving most of the Serbule dungeons alone. Many of us like to take our time leveling everything including non-combat skills because we are in it for the journey and not the destination and boredom after maxing everything quickly.

When low level players become a "extremely small minority of players", I think our Dev's and Admin's will start worrying about the longevity of the game because if there are no new players the game has died.
    That isn't how it works. You could have a constant stream of new players. They will all still spend significantly more time at level 50+ then they ever will below that. You can attempt to demonize it all you like, but mathematically, I am simply correct.

If they wish to participate in higher level events, all they need to do is group up with higher level players.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    That isn't how it works. You could have a constant stream of new players. They will all still spend significantly more time at level 50+ then they ever will below that. You can attempt to demonize it all you like, but mathematically, I am simply correct.
    According to the developers, most players quit before reaching level 50, so that means the majority of players spend zero time at level 50+.

The vast majority of players in any MMORPG quit during the leveling process. In fact, games in general tend to lose more than half their players between 1-2 months, so this isn't really out of the ordinary. It's a big reason why MMORPGS nowadays try to push faster leveling so much.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 06-28-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Thread Footer